77W Clarification

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fredde87

Original poster
Jun 7, 2014
Hey guys,

Sorry I just wanted to clarify what satellite/beam Dish Network USA uses on 77W? I know SatelliteGuys has Dish Networks channels down as being on QuetzSat (as does Lyngsat). But other websites like Satbeams has it down as Echostar 1 and others as Echostar 8. Wikipedia says Dish can't broadcast on ConUS beams from 77W so its all a bit confusing.

Any help is appreciated!

It is QuetzSat not either of the Echo birds, those are probably in orbit spares now if I were to guess.

Check out "The List" under "Our Other Sites" at the top of the page. You can go under pay providers and see every TP on 77 and what it is carrying.

What are you wanting on it? A lot of what is on there is Dish Mexico, which you can't subscribe to from Dish, you can probably get it if you can receive the bird and know someone with an address in Mexico.

What are you wanting on it? A lot of what is on there is Dish Mexico, which you can't subscribe to from Dish, you can probably get it if you can receive the bird and know someone with an address in Mexico.

I'm mostly after sports, the big 4 US nationwide providers + a bit of everything. It has to be in English though, so Dish Mexico would not work. So I am looking at 77W Dish US and 107W Shaw Direct. Might get both to have a full selection.

I know its old but I thought I'd just update the thread with what I found. As people stated here Dish Network's service on 77W is indeed on QuetzSat 1. I was able to pick the signal up with no problem in Panama (burning hot), out into the Pacific and only just dropped the signal a day out of the Galapagos islands. I had registered my receivers in Jacksonville so that I could pick up the local programming on this beam. My dish is a 60" dish but I reckon if you have a bigger dish you could get some basic coverage in the Galapagos islands.

One thing to note is that Dish Network do not appear to broadcast a EPG on 77W. So whist you can see whats on now and the next programming (because I think this is part of the stream), it can not download a EPG further ahead in time which means the DVR functionality on your Dish receiver will not work.

Hope that helps anyone else in the future!

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes that is correct, the extended EPG comes from 72.7 in the Eastern Arc setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)