77W signal lost

Hellboy

Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Plattsburgh,Ney York
Hello,
2 weeks ago, I lost signal for 77W satellite. I have a 1000.4 EA. First, I tough that it could be that the dish moved a bit. Then my uncle told me that he also lost the same signal.
Do somebody knows if there is a problem with that satellite? I took off the dish and re-aimed.
I've been able to find only 72.4W and 61.5W signals.
Thank you!

Have you done a System Info test? If so, is there any message in box a(Status) and what do you see if you then select Details? I have no problem with 77.
status)

PM a DIRT member and have them check your account. Either your programing got changed or your receiver needs a hit. You should not be able to view any channel that is showing red or green in your guide.

Sorry for the misinformation in my previous post. The last I looked at 77, it was almost completely local networks. I see now that many latino channels are there as well.

IF you have an eastern arc dish , you need to adjust the azimuth cam to get both 72.7 and 77 sats. There is a sweet spot that allows you to do that in between both sats. You use a wrench to slightly adjust it from 1 - 3 degrees either to the left or right . I did this and I get between 45 -55 on 77 sat and between 50 - 65 on 72.7 sat. Mind you I had to go into the house each degree I moved it, to check and see what signal strength I got for both 72.7 and 77 sats. But the extra work paid off and I got some great signal strengths for all 3 sats using this method described in the installation manual.

OP hadn't mentioned the Latino package... And I didn't think about it. Hopefully a little aiming will fix things.

Tried moving the azimuth cam as MikeD-C05 told me and did a lot of switch tests but nothing at all! Finally I gave up. I will try again this weekend but 77W does not show at all! This really sucks. I'll keep trying :)

77 W coming in fine here, no loss of signal, locals are on 77.

I have done some installs for some Spanish people here in Central Canada and they have been calling saying that they have also lost some of there Spanish programming . Been out to check there signal strength and they have indeed lost satellite 77. Sats 61 and 72 are running fine ... Something def has changed ! :confused:

I am still receiving 77 sat here with previous signal strength as before, even if I don't use it for my locals or Spanish channels. IF you have tried all the tricks and you still can't get all 3 sats, I suggest you call a local installer or call DISH to install it for you.

Yep all sats are coming in fine here on both WA and EA.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

It's a fancy way of saying that your LNB has failed. Need to replace it or get Dish to replace it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)