8/19/2009 12:29pm - Uplink Activity Report - 49 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
figment of our imagination

Does anyone know where there I can find a HD locals schedule? I get my locals from the Quad Cities Iowa/Illinois (Davenport, Rock Island, Moline, Bettendorf) Market and they were scheduled initially on a press release scheduled for HD upgrade last fall. It never happened and I was hoping to find out if anyone knew of a updated schedule. :confused:
What you and I are watching, are figments of our imaginations, the Quad city channels do not exist, what we read last year is all B.S. Welcome to a world of delusions, I thought Rod Serling died, but he lives in the personna of Charlie Ergen. Seriously, Dish must have contractual concerns with The Quad Cities, as you stated Dish stated last year in November, that Quad Cities would be up in February. Maybe, 2010 eh?

most markets left are ones that are just one or two locals per DMA

If Dish could do significantly viewed, they probably would have much more up

Off top of head, a few markets that NEED sig viewed to be worthwhile
Mankato MN (CBS only..rest from Mpls)
Glendive, MT (CBS only..rest from Denver and Williston, ND)
Lafayette, IN (CBS only...rest from Indy)
Zanesville, OH (NBC only...rest from Columbus)
Alpena, MI (CBS & PBS only)
St Joe, MO (ABC Only..rest from KC)

but with subschannels now its possible to add some like
Parkersburg, WV (NBC main, Fox & My sub)
Presque Isle, ME (CBS, Fox sub) & PBS
Any word on the Wichita-Hutchinson, KS dma? It seems we've been waiting forever. Wichita has all four networks locally. It was one of the bigger markets left without HD, yet still we wait.

I know..."soon", right?

it was added but not available yet

5191(22) - WSBT [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 05 Spotbeam 11 (NA)(South Bend, IN-CBS)

Any word on the Wichita-Hutchinson, KS dma? It seems we've been waiting forever. Wichita has all four networks locally. It was one of the bigger markets left without HD, yet still we wait.

I know..."soon", right?

I was talking SD channels, not HD :)

NFL RedZone Channel

Clearing off channel 155 for NFL Redzone launch In September I would think that would be it becuase it is right next to NFL Network. Fuel TV on Channel 156 now I was wandering when that MUSIC channel was going to be removed. Looking forward to the upcoming Football season!:)

most markets left are ones that are just one or two locals per DMA

If Dish could do significantly viewed, they probably would have much more up

Off top of head, a few markets that NEED sig viewed to be worthwhile
Mankato MN (CBS only..rest from Mpls)
Glendive, MT (CBS only..rest from Denver and Williston, ND)
Lafayette, IN (CBS only...rest from Indy)
Zanesville, OH (NBC only...rest from Columbus)
Alpena, MI (CBS & PBS only)
St Joe, MO (ABC Only..rest from KC)

but with subschannels now its possible to add some like
Parkersburg, WV (NBC main, Fox & My sub)
Presque Isle, ME (CBS, Fox sub) & PBS

Lake Charles, LA is missing too. They only have NBC, FOX, and a PBS. I think the Fox station just recently started running the CW as subchannel in SD along with the NBC station running ThisTV. They get ABC & CBS from Beaumont and Lafayette

Does anyone know where there I can find a HD locals schedule? I get my locals from the Quad Cities Iowa/Illinois (Davenport, Rock Island, Moline, Bettendorf) Market and they were scheduled initially on a press release scheduled for HD upgrade last fall. It never happened and I was hoping to find out if anyone knew of a updated schedule. :confused:

That's my market too. I have been checking:

DISH Network - TurboHD Local Channels - 1.888.825.2557

every few days hoping for some news. Not sure if there is something more appropriate but at least it seems to change every few weeks.

I have an odd question. I live 15 miles south of Lima, Oh. I currently have my locals from the Dayton, Oh market in HD. I would like to have the Lima, Oh channels also but they are is SD. Is it possible to get locals from 2 markets? Most important, if I ask Dish, will I be forced to switch to the non-HD channels because of any must carry laws? I waited along time for HD locals and I don't know if I should tempt fate by asking Dish.

6521(3) - WJMN [MPEG2 SD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 12 Spotbeam 15 changed to Available (H)(Escanaba, MI-CBS)

digi...isnt this MPEG2 8PSK too? I thought the other Marquette, MI locals were

No, they have them on a QPSK transponder. There's another set of locals in TX that are SD that are supposed to launch soon that they said required an 8PSK receiver but where there are located says otherwise but that could change when they go active.

And just to clarify for others... the MPEG2 8PSK flag is there to prevent an non-8PSK capable receiver from tuning to those channels. If the put them on an 8PSK TP in MPEG2 SD an old receiver would get the lost signal message when trying to tune to them. So they can either put the flag or not authorize your card to get them, but I thought all of your cards get the same authorization no matter if they are SD or HD channels.

I have an odd question. I live 15 miles south of Lima, Oh. I currently have my locals from the Dayton, Oh market in HD. I would like to have the Lima, Oh channels also but they are is SD. Is it possible to get locals from 2 markets? Most important, if I ask Dish, will I be forced to switch to the non-HD channels because of any must carry laws? I waited along time for HD locals and I don't know if I should tempt fate by asking Dish.

I know what you mean...I'm north of Lima and sure don't want to be forced to take the Lima SD channels and lose my Toledo HD locals.

I know..."soon", right?

I feel your pain. Unfortunately, there is no current satellite with an available spotbeam that covers your (huge) DMA. You will probably have to wait until E*14 is launched to 119 after the first of the year. I'm not sure that bird has the proper spotbeam, either, but I bet it does. Is that "soon" enough? ;)

Brad

Edit: Here is the map for E*14 Spotbeam B9 (courtesy of Digiblur and Nelson61). Looks like you're in luck:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/E14_SBB9.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)