8/30/2010 5:35am - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/30/2010 5:35am - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/30/2010 04:35A - 08/30/2010 05:35A

Channel Package Flag Changes:
400 - TENIS [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 05 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)
400 - TENIS [MPEG4 SD] - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 15 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)
9442(400) - TENIS [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)
9442(400) - TENIS [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar15 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)

Channels in the system: 7505
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2010 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v10.08.05

© 2010 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

So, if Tennis channel is ALWAYS on free preview during the Grand Slams, then why does one needs to subscribe to it? IMHO, that's an AWFUL business model: They should put it on preview on the week BEFORE the Grand Slams and then, state that if you want to watch Grand Slam action, call your provider and subscribe to it!

Look a gift horse in the mouth...... Santa, please don't leave anything, I'll just have to complain about it.

Look a gift horse in the mouth...... Santa, please don't leave anything, I'll just have to complain about it.
Bobby, don't get me wrong: I already get Tennis Channel year-around: I am a Top250 - or whatever the name is nowadays - subscriber. I am just questioning Tennis' channel business reason to always put their channel on freeview during the times of the year that would make more sense for a tennis fan to subscribe to it.

The "preview the best" strategy makes sense if you think that Dish isn't trying to get people to sub to this ONE channel (i.e. Tennis) but rather to consider upgrading to the America's Top 250 package to get the Tennis channel + others they might like, but hadn't decided to upgrade yet.

Talon Dancer

HBO has been pullin this **** for years.. The previews always seem to have the GOOD movies but regular movies are blah

Sorta like the local PBS station that puts the really good stuff on during pledge week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)