8' C-Band Dish w/ 3 LNBFs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I recently re-adjusted my 8' C-band stationary dish from SES2 @ 87W to GAL19 @ 97W. I then added an additional LNBF on the right to receive AMC 18 @ 105W. Reception from both satellites is very good.

Wanting to add a third LNBF, I added an additional LNBF on the left to receive GAL 28 @ 89W using a 22KHz switch (OFF main center LNBF and ON secondary LNBF on the left). I scanned and received the CBN Network, so I know I was aimed at GAL 28 @ 89W. I now want to receive SES2 @ 87W instead and moved the secondary LNBF approx. 1 3/8" further away which I estimated should position the LNBF @ SES2.

I scan in only 1 transponder (4045 V 4709) containing a single religious audio channel (SVC_1Service) having a 41% signal. However, this is not SES2 and looking at Lyngsat and Sathint I'm unable to determine what satellite I'm receiving. If weather permits, I'm going to take a meter out to the dish to adjust for SES2.

I added a picture, but due to bad weather it became cloudy.

Attachments

• 3lnbs.JPG
    3lnbs.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 306
There is mux at that freq on SES 2, but it's Horizontal. Salem Radio Network. I have it tuned in now, same sat as Retro TV.

Edit, just to add that I get a religious radio station at the freq and SR you have, but horizontal on SES 2. I don't lock anything with those parameters on the vertical side of SES 2, or any nearby satellite. Lyngsat lists this mux, but with an outdated or incorrect SR.

Last edited:
Reactions: PopcornNMore
I get the radio station there that Lost_Mesa gets too, on horizontal also, nothing on vertical for that transponder. 71% Q on my MicroHD on the 9' dish. Probably just the skew of the LNB needs to be adjusted?

Yes, I think your skew may be off on one of the offset LNBFs. Usually, they skew away from the center LNBF in increments of the same size in opposite directions....

There is mux at that freq on SES 2, but it's Horizontal. Salem Radio Network. I have it tuned in now, same sat as Retro TV.

Edit, just to add that I get a religious radio station at the freq and SR you have, but horizontal on SES 2. I don't lock anything with those parameters on the vertical side of SES 2, or any nearby satellite. Lyngsat lists this mux, but with an outdated or incorrect SR.

I adjusted the skew and now receive this transponder on Horizontal, but as before only 1 religious audio channel is within the MUX. According to Lyngsat, there should be 14. Is their information incorrect?

I'm still not receiving any additional transponders during the blind scan. I'm thinking the LNBs need to be separated a little further.

Getting closer! I found a longer bracket and extended the secondary LNBF out a little further. I'm now receiving WUMN and KUKC Univision at 4149 H 5063 (44% signal) and the audio channel at 4045 H 4709 (41% signal). At least now I know for sure that I'm hitting SES2. With a little more adjustment, I should receive the retro channels on 4000 H.

I adjusted the skew and now receive this transponder on Horizontal, but as before only 1 religious audio channel is within the MUX. According to Lyngsat, there should be 14. Is their information incorrect? .

Looks like they are hidden PIDS. My STB only gets the 1 audio channel, but TS Reader shows 19 audio channels and I was able to play the few that I tried.

Reactions: PopcornNMore
Added a 4th C-Band LNBF to the mix and now receiving a few channels from Eutelsat @ 113W as well. Still trying to adjust in order to receive additional transponders from SES2 and Eutelsat in-between the rain showers this afternoon.

Excellent . I have in mind the same project with the same dish antenna brand & size but In other position..
Your Project is tell me that between 2 collard rings are almost 8 grades of separation the same thing that regular ku LNB's.
Nice installation:oldwink

Nice setup.
Just thinking out loud here: Has anyone tried using a mini actuator or something similar to move ONE lnb across a track?Not sure what you'd do to set the different skews though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.