8 timers H1 and H2

littlecloud319

Tech guru
Original poster
May 22, 2017
Black Creek WI
According to this page on the dish site it says 8 tuners for H1 and H2 coming soon.

IMG_1154.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

With the addition of the dual OTA tuner you would get 8 possible channels. PTAT is 4 on one tuner plus the other 2 satellite tuners plus 2 OTA tuners equals 8 channels. Nothing really new here except the additional OTA tuner.

Reactions: Hall
With the addition of the dual OTA tuner you would get 8 possible channels. PTAT is 4 on one tuner plus the other 2 satellite tuners plus 2 OTA tuners equals 8 channels. Nothing really new here except the additional OTA tuner.

They make it sound like they’re making a new revision of them which would just be new hoppers then. Otherwise they would have to upgrade everyone’s H1’s And H2’s or have even more pissed customers.

Just thought it was weird it was listed as 8

According to this page on the dish site it says 8 tuners for H1 and H2 coming soon.

The key is to notice the typical misleading marketing hocus-pocus here. Nowhere in those two shots does it say 8 tuners...it just says "watch and record 8 shows at once". They conveniently never tell you the circumstances and/or limitations on how you can do so. Most people unfamiliar with Dish equipment will look at that and think, "Cool it has 8 tuners" or just "Oh, I can record any 8 shows I want on any channel I want", when that definitely isn't the case.

Reactions: littlecloud319
They make it sound like they’re making a new revision of them which would just be new hoppers then. Otherwise they would have to upgrade everyone’s H1’s And H2’s or have even more pissed customers.

Just thought it was weird it was listed as 8

Dish had been marketing the old Hoppers as being capable of recording eight shows at a time for quite awhile. They were not counting the OTA tuner at all, but they were counting the two additional tuners that would be added by a Super Joey. So actually, Dish was understating the Hopper's capabilities. Adding the single OTA tuner to that would give you nine shows recording at a time, with support for ten shows at a time coming soon. (4 PTAT on one tuner + 2 additional built-in satellite tuners + 2 Super Joey satellite tuners + 2 OTA tuners)

Considering the single-tuner OTA dongle, the current dual-tuner (hah !!) OTA dongle, and Super Joeys cost extra or aren't 'included', that is sh*tty marketing by Dish.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Considering the single-tuner OTA dongle, the current dual-tuner (hah !!) OTA dongle, and Super Joeys cost extra or aren't 'included', that is sh*tty marketing by Dish.
I agree. I was just stating what I saw in the weekly advertising flyers in the junk mail, before the Hopper 3 came out and they started marketing the heck out of it instead.

record 6 linear sat channels and
record 1 linear ota channel while
watching 1 VOD.
8 total.
In a way that makes sense, but the Hopper was capable of doing that from the very beginning. I am pretty sure that at first Dish marketed the Hopper as being capable of watching or recording six shows at the same time, and the marketing didn't change to eight shows until after the Super Joey was introduced.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)