80 HD chans??!?!!???

So, it's OK to lie as long as we all lie the same way...maybe it's time for one of the parties to tell the truth and call the other(s) on their deceptive advertising.

This might even give the honest one credibility, but I think Charlie's beyond that possibility...

And yet I've seen commercials from Dish stating that they're the leader in HD. :confused::confused::confused:

By what means are they determining this?

And yet I've seen commercials from Dish stating that they're the leader in HD. :confused::confused::confused:

Their website says the same and it always has, even after Direct added a bunch a few months back and before Dish added their 20+. What I think they mean is that they are the leader in HD subs? IOW, they have more HD customers than Direct. I could be wrong.

Look at their website, it has always said, "Industry Leader in HD", even before these HD additions over the last few weeks.

What I think they mean is that they are the leader in HD subs? IOW, they have more HD customers than Direct. I could be wrong..
I would agree with that . There was a point when E* was the place to go for HD. My guess is they picked up more HD customers then D* did from 2005-september of 2007.
Remember D* HD was like 7 channels when E* was 30. My guess is most of them E* customer don't want to be bothered picking up a new provider. So they stayed with E*. Its not like E* doesn't have any HD . They have a few channels that D* doesn't that I could tell you me and the wife and kids like. Travel HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, ABC family, 5 Star max HD. I could care less about MTVHD,VH1HD,CMTHD,FuelHD. I've not turned on the SD versions of these in years ,so why do I care about them being in HD.? I don't!
I'm going to pick the provider who has more of the HD I like. Same as everyone else. Don't get me wrong D* has a great line up, but that still doesn't mean people don't like E* better.

Which HD RSNs are full-time on D* vs. game-only?

I've seen this mentioned a bunch but never really broken down....

Check the spreadsheet in post http://www.satelliteguys.us/1401567-post326.html. The RSN's that are -1 channels are the game only RSN's.

Also there's two errors on the sheet, FSN North HD is on channel 641-1 and Sportstime Ohio HD is on 657-1, the sheet doesn't list those.

I think its actually an intentionally vague quote so that it can't really be refuted...

You'll notice it doesn't say anywhere "THE" leader in HD, just "industry leader in HD"...

Nor does it say anywhere that this is about channel count...

Having the 2nd Highest Channel Count, plus the HD hardware with the most critical acclaim they can certainly boast that they are AN "industry leader in HD"...

Although Direct has more HD at this Time, I find it Hard to Believe that as far as customer go , they surpass Dish. They only surpassed Dish HD count in November of Last year, Just not enough Time to Gain that many customers. Is Direct ahead on count? Without a doubt Yes no matter how you do the math. Is Direct gaining ground as far as HD customers?. Again the Answer IMO is yes. I still Believe there will be a time where price,harware and customer service will be the deal breakers, HD channels will be similar enough to let that and taste in programming to be the factor, the count will not. IMO that has come to pass already other than NFL ticket and a few others , they are similar(thanks to The Voom drop). The Channel count is really close. I know,Iknow Dish is the Exclusive home of WFN-HD, that should bring in more subs!! LOL!!

Although Direct has more HD at this Time, I find it Hard to Believe that as far as customer go , they surpass Dish. They only surpassed Dish HD count in November of Last year, Just not enough Time to Gain that many customers. Is Direct ahead on count? Without a doubt Yes no matter how you do the math. Is Direct gaining ground as far as HD customers?. Again the Answer IMO is yes. I still Believe there will be a time where price,harware and customer service will be the deal breakers, HD channels will be similar enough to let that and taste in programming to be the factor, the count will not. IMO that has come to pass already other than NFL ticket and a few others , they are similar(thanks to The Voom drop). The Channel count is really close. I know,Iknow Dish is the Exclusive home of WFN-HD, that should bring in more subs!! LOL!!

I thought it was pretty well accepted that D* is relatively far ahead in terms of HD subs...

They may have not been ahead in channel count for long, but it seems they have been FAR ahead in terms of HD marketing for quite some time.

It has less to do with the quality (or quantity) of the product...it has everything to do with public PERCEPTION...

Ever since D* started their "we'll soon have the capacity for 150 HD channels" campaign a couple of years ago they have been widely PERCEIVED as the HD Leader...hence the much higher number of subs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts