80 HD chans??!?!!???

Charlie should have had a seat in the Bush administration for the past 8 years . . . additionally, look at those call in/e-mail questions last night . . . like the president, there are only certain types of questions that Charlie and others would field; love to see them have a one hour open community discussion where there are no limits as to what can be asked (and yes I do understand that some things for legal reasons would not be able to be answered)

I sent in an e-mail about the pricing on the Ultimate HD package now that Voom was gone. Nothing said. $10.00 extra? At this point it might be worth more like $2.00 more than Essentials HD. I already downgraded to that level.

Even Ultimate HD is hardly a name to call that package now. Essentials Plus a little more HD? Maybe.

I think this is a good comparision for D* & E*, seems to be accurate.

HDTV programming compared - HDTV World - CNET.com

Yep...pretty solid...although, oddly they give D* 9 more channels than even D* counts for itself...and E* a couple less than even D* credits for them...otherwise accurate. It does clearly demonstrate Satellite's advantage overall.

It would be nice if they could add Comcast for a major city and perhaps AT&T fiber as well...

Check out all those HD Channels

I don't know how that new math works, but count em they're all there maybe more than once. I know I wish I had 4 TLC channels, and all those HGTV and USA channels. We all must be missing out on some Quality programming. I think we need to call in and tell the CSR's in programming we all want those extrqa channel feeds we are missing out on!!!

Attachments

• 80 HD Channels.JPG
    80 HD Channels.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 135
I don't know how that new math works, but count em they're all there maybe more than once. I know I wish I had 4 TLC channels, and all those HGTV and USA channels. We all must be missing out on some Quality programming. I think we need to call in and tell the CSR's in programming we all want those extrqa channel feeds we are missing out on!!!

I think this slide was actually created to be the background wallpaper for last night's chat...

Still kinda lame though!

Great PIC!!:up Chucky caught with his pants down again!

I think this slide was actually created to be the background wallpaper for last night's chat...!
Why not have all the symbols the same size then. Because he wants people to think that this is a huge HD list then what really we have. Sending out more false info to help put some more coin in his pocket. To anyone else who knows better,his tactics just look dumb,and completely False.

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing. Does Charlie even know what's going on with E*? He asked Sahl three to four different times the channel numbers, programming questions and what markets they are in. I thought he was the guy negotiating the deals with networks:confused:

Why would you think the CEO of a multi billion dollar company would be able to tell you the channel number for Versus? And do you really believe Charlie is sitting in a smoke filled room until the early hours of the morning negotiating with providers to add their channels?

He is a CEO, everyone else in the company works for him. His employees are the ones who do and know everything and periodically fill him in when he needs to know.

The fact that he comes across as a dumb ass in Charlie Chats is a testament to the fact that he needs to fire whoever produces the show. They have the capability to instantly feed him the info he needs to spit out the answer to the questions posed by viewers.

In my opinion they should be required to advertise the max number of channels anyone person can get...because if they advertise I can get 80 channels. then by all means I should be able to get them. RSN = Regional sports Network, Not National Sports Network. Maybe they actualy don't know the differance? In that case they should count all the Locals, since they are limited to certain Regions? I say have the FCC make a ruling on what is national and what is not. Then require them to provide what they advertise. but who is counting? (other then all of us)

I happen to agree that they should not count these...

but EVERY provider does...

E* can't suddenly stop counting this way or they suddenly look like they offer less HD than the competition...truth is they have just a few less than D* and a lot more than everyone else...I don't think they can afford to count any other way...

So, it's OK to lie as long as we all lie the same way...maybe it's time for one of the parties to tell the truth and call the other(s) on their deceptive advertising.

This might even give the honest one credibility, but I think Charlie's beyond that possibility...

So, it's OK to lie as long as we all lie the same way...maybe it's time for one of the parties to tell the truth and call the other(s) on their deceptive advertising.

This might even give the honest one credibility, but I think Charlie's beyond that possibility...

Somehow I doubt this would be considered the best marketing technique...

In my opinion they should be required to advertise the max number of channels anyone person can get...because if they advertise I can get 80 channels. then by all means I should be able to get them. RSN = Regional sports Network, Not National Sports Network. Maybe they actualy don't know the differance? In that case they should count all the Locals, since they are limited to certain Regions? I say have the FCC make a ruling on what is national and what is not. Then require them to provide what they advertise. but who is counting? (other then all of us)
Not true, at least not true with Direct.
"Regional" in RSN refers to the teams that are playing and the region that receives them as part of a lower tier. It has nothing to do with regional exclusion, unlike locals.

RSN's are on Conus and available to everyone (read my sig). Locals are on spot and only aviable to particular regions. Nobody is capable of getting out of market locals, but everyone is capable of getting out of market RSN's. The comparison between locals and RSN's are not the same at all.

So how does a person go about getting all of the RSN's then? Is there a way for Dish customers? If not then they are not nationals.

So how does a person go about getting all of the RSN's then? Is there a way for Dish customers? If not then they are not nationals.

Very True. Only channels that everyone has an opportunity to subscribe to should be counted as a national.

I don't know about Dish, which is why I said, "...at least not true with Direct".

Through the sports package, premium package, or premier package with Direct any sub can get all full time out of market HD RSN's. Of course the pro games will be blacked out, but they can still getting the RSN's none the less. And the blackouts can be avoided through the other sports packages such as EI, CI, and/or LP, thus making each full time RSN available 24/7.

You can get the RSN's for $6/month (if you have the top 100+ or better). But from what I've heard just about every game that isn't on your "regions" RSN is blacked out.