80 HD chans??!?!!???

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Who are they kidding, in the Charlie chat they claimed 80 National HD chans and threw up a quick shot of the "80" HD chan logos, apparently they forgot some of us have DVR's, I pause on that list and it is about 40 channels repeated 2, 3 & 4 times! TLC HD is listed 4 times! NBC HD listed 3 times HGTV HD listed 4 times. If that isn't false advertising I don't know what is.

I just can't believe they didn't think anyone would notice that.

I noticed the same thing. Does Charlie even know what's going on with E*? He asked Sahl three to four different times the channel numbers, programming questions and what markets they are in. I thought he was the guy negotiating the deals with networks:confused:

Who are they kidding, in the Charlie chat they claimed 80 National HD chans and threw up a quick shot of the "80" HD chan logos, apparently they forgot some of us have DVR's, I pause on that list and it is about 40 channels repeated 2, 3 & 4 times! TLC HD is listed 4 times! NBC HD listed 3 times HGTV HD listed 4 times. If that isn't false advertising I don't know what is.

What?? 2x40=80!! :haha:haha

I agree i can't stand the false advertising by BOTH sat provider's!!

The sad thing is there's no telling how many people believe it and will sign up now with Dish by using fales advertising. This just doesn't look good for keeping your hopes up for more HD because IF more HD was really coming he wouldn't have to put TLC HD on the screen 4 freaking times. Does he think we're stupid or something? The next CC 4am. I bet he had to pull some strings to get that time slot.:rolleyes:

Wow! the more I read the more I see the head of Dish is an idiot. I am so pissed about loosing Voom HD that it looks like by July 1 I will drop Dish and if he continues the same brilliant demonstation of management I am sure Dish will go to bankruptcy!

Nothing spoken from this guys mouth should be taken seriously. He has proven many times that he will stretch the truth to the point of fantasy. He should never be allowed to speak in public on E*s behalf again. If I was a stock holder I would demand this.

Charlie has some issues. He doesn't have a clue. Just another Rich guy making Billions from everyone doing his work for him. He should know every channel E* has. I bet he has Directv. I guess he's a big fan Of WFNHD. Had a whole conversation on that channel.

You must take what is on one satellite and multiply that by the number of mapdowns and add the mirrors on the other satellite.:D:D

Remember they count the HD RSN's in that count.

I personally do not count those channels since they are not 24/7 (they also miss a lot of the HD games!)

Yea I saw that too. He thinks if you make the Logo smaller you wouldn't notice its big twin brother. What a joke! Every Charlie chat he just makes himself look more like a A#$hole. Sorry but I don't think its too professional to show an HD list the size of the entire tv screen and have the balls to say thats a big list ,When all I see is the same channel listed more then once. No Excuse! I'm going to call up E* and tell them I want 80 HD channels right now ,and I want a list of what they are.

Last edited:
I dont know who is making the decisions if its a board or its Charlie but I think its time to clean house, because its just constant law suits and bad marketing.

You also got to love the " E* doesn't charge an Access fee for HD programming" Are you F#$%en Kidding me Charlie. For anyone who DVR'ed this event I'll post the exact time for when he said that ,incase you didn't notice. I guess $10 per month isn't an HD fee? Sorry Charlie either doesn't know whats going on in his business,or he does? In which case he's a Bull S#$%er.

Yea I saw that too. He thinks if you make the Logo smaller you wouldn't notice its big twin brother. What a joke! Every Charlie chat he just makes himself look more like a A#$hole. Sorry but I don't think its too professional to show an HD list the size of the entire tv screen and have the balls to say thats a big list ,When all I see is the same channel listed more then once. No Excuse! I'm going to call up E* and tell them I want 80 HD channels right now ,and I want a list of what they are.

Be ready to pay for the sports pack if you want ALL of the hd they offer.:rolleyes:

Of course...ALL major providers seem to count HD content this way...

It is annoying, but if any one company suddenly stopped doing it they would just seem far less competitive than their competition...

Any way you slice it, Directv currently has the most HD, Dish Network is a close second, and then there is everyone else...

My biggest problem with their count is that they include the networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX) HD on the chart. There are a ton of DMA's that don't have their locals in HD. Those shouldn't be on the chart until everyone has locals in HD available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)