811 and Dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
I am fixing to change out my dish 501 pvr (god I am going to miss not being able to record) to an 811 HD receiver. Can anyone tell me when I call to activate it if i am a subscriber to the top 180 with the HBO/Cinemax package weather or not my dish 500 will receive the HD channels and or will I also have to subscrbribe to the HD package and pay the extra 10 bucks a month?

Stalker said:
I am fixing to change out my dish 501 pvr (god I am going to miss not being able to record) to an 811 HD receiver. Can anyone tell me when I call to activate it if i am a subscriber to the top 180 with the HBO/Cinemax package weather or not my dish 500 will receive the HD channels and or will I also have to subscrbribe to the HD package and pay the extra 10 bucks a month?

The HD channels, with the exception of CBS-HD, are all on 110 so your Dish 500 supports them. Because you already subscribe to HBO you will get HBO at no extra charge. If you want Discovery_HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, and ESPN-HD you will have to subscribe to the HD pack. You will also receive the HD-PPV and HD Special Events channel at no charge. You must qualify to get the CBS-HD channel and you would need a Dish 300 aimed at 61.5 or 148 to receive it.

HD Package!!

Is the HDnet a groupf of HD movie channels or is it just one channel showing HD movies and if so what kind of movies and is it commercial free like a premium channel?

Stalker said:
Is the HDnet a groupf of HD movie channels or is it just one channel showing HD movies and if so what kind of movies and is it commercial free like a premium channel?

The HDNet channel has several different things that they show. Some are music concerts, World News Reports, sporting events, like NHL hockey, nad nature shows. The HDNet Movie channel is a single movie channel. They play off beat movies, some are classic. You can get a better look at what is available at www.hd.net.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)