811 and multiswitch error

psal2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I have an 811 receiver and for several weeks, I kept getting the "we have detected a multiswitch error" message. DISH has been out 3 times. First time, tech switched ports and it cleared up the problem. That lasted about one week.

Second time, tech (not the same as the first) ran the test 4 or 5 times and said nothing was wrong and if it occurred again, switch the port back to were it was.

Third time, another tech finally switched the multiswitch and said that if it continued, it might be the receiver.

Well, here it is the 4th time, multiswitch error occurred last Friday and by Saturday, couldn't even get the receiver to turn on. Eventually got the receiver on and it runs through the transponders and continues to show progress 0 out of 5 and never changes.

DISH is sending out another 811 (we rent so there is no charge). However, I can tell you that until this last time, their customer service reps were lousy.

Once my contract is up, I think I have to go back to cable. I spend $135 a month between cable modem/basic tv and satellite and Comcast is will to cut me a deal on cable for 6 months (maybe longer).

Has anyone else had major problems with a 811 not accepting the multiswitch signal/transmission like this?

Pete

What type of lnb are you using? I've seen DP and DPP lnbs have problems with the 811 that are software oriented, so a new receiver may or may not have the same problems. Personally I use a legacy twin with my 811 and have never had a problem.

It looks like the twin. Two heads. But the receiver won't power on anymore and I don't believe the LNB is the reason for that.

Pete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)