811 and NBC-DT

CFilkins

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I've had my 811 for a couple of months now, and while I have no problems watching CBS-DT OTA here outside of Buffalo, NY (WIVB), I've been having some problems with NBC-DT (WGRZ). Namely, while trying to watch the Daytona 500 right now and the audio sync is off, a slight bit delayed. Of course, right now it just went back to SD and the sync is fine. So HD NBC sync is off and SD is fine. Any suggestions?

CFilkins said:
I've had my 811 for a couple of months now, and while I have no problems watching CBS-DT OTA here outside of Buffalo, NY (WIVB), I've been having some problems with NBC-DT (WGRZ). Namely, while trying to watch the Daytona 500 right now and the audio sync is off, a slight bit delayed. Of course, right now it just went back to SD and the sync is fine. So HD NBC sync is off and SD is fine. Any suggestions?
It's an NBC feed problem, not an 811 problem. HD watchers all over the country using a variety of receivers are reporting the problems. Evidently, some local affiliates are correcting it if they have the capability, but based upon reports in other forums, it's more often out of sync than not. This has been a problem noticed on NBC before.

The picture quality so far is dissapointing too. :(

Picture quality was poor during much of the pre-race, but it's looking much better on the cameras on the track... And audio sync isn't important after the race begins... :p

Thanks for the input. In posting at AVS in the Buffalo forums, I was starting to feel that I was the only one having problems with the audio. It seems to have times that it's better than others. But I know that I've been wanting to watch Las Vegas on Monday nights but the sync is usually so bad it makes it totally unwatchable.

i had nbc hd out of tampa and the sync for the voices were off as well.

i did not get it in 5.1 as i though it would have been. did anyone get 5.1 sound?

My feed was from Portland, Maine and the video and audio were out of sync as well. CBS seems to be the only one that really has their act together as far as OTA broadcasts. I have had a lot of problems with HD broadcasts from NBC. It does not seem to me that they really take their HD viewership seriously! CBS, on the other hand, seems to make sure the broadcast is of a superior quality which is what HD is all about. The Superbowl was awesome. I cannot say much about ABC because even though the local affiliate broadcasts in digital, I have yet to see anything broadcast in HD.

My reception was only in 2.0. My local CBS has only recently started to broadcast in 5.1, which has been nice, but I'm not sure if any of the program material is actually recorded in DD 5.1 to it's full abilities...

We're still waiting for ABC here in Buffalo to come online, and our local Fox station has just started broadcasting on a digital channel, while showing HD color bars on a subchannel. Rumor has it that our ABC will be online in March sometime. I don't really care, as most of my watching is NBC and CBS.

So who can we get on at NBC about getting their stuff together?

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts