811 and OTA

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys quick question, my 811 is putting a side bar up for my cbs CSI tonight, and I am wondering, do I have to manually put the 811 in HD Stretch mode because its in OTA mode, or should it still do it automatically, thanks guys for your help in advance. I am just wondering because I need to know if I need to call WOIO and tell them to flip the HD switch on when it gets like this in the future

CSI started in 4:3 tonight for me in the ST. Louis area, so I'd say it was a national feed problem. Somewhere around the 1/2 way mark it flipped into HD. I can't say exactly when as I was on the phone.

yeah it flipped on for me at about the half way mark too, this was my first night with OTA so I am tweaking and needed to find out which way to go with this! thanks for your quick reply

it was weird, that channel all night gave me some fits, first it didnt remap to 19 (my local cbs) then it did the non hd version of cbs, thencame on, off, on, and then it sorta left my list, and made its way back on,hope all the bugs are worked out before football season, or at least the weeks my steelers are on!

Sounds like the PSIP from your station was hosed. Do you have contact with your local station engineers?

yeah I have talked to him before, really great guy, they are a low power station, and one of the hard ones to pick up in my area, I am just wondering if it was because the 811 had to knock the cobwebs out of itself, I have not had a bit of trouble today, or the rest of the night last night, so I am going to attribute it to upgrades or work being done at my local cbs, I will hold off on calling him till sometime first part of next week, if the symptoms I have been seeing keep up.

I have had this issue with my local OTA CBS affiliate in the Indy area occasionally for about 2 years now. Seems to be with CSI more than anything else, but that's probably what I watch most on CBS (especially with all the different versions of CSI now). This probably happens once every couple of months or so. Don't know if it is the national feed or the affiliate. Happened first when I was on cable (HD via cable, not OTA), and I thought it was my cable company.

Another interesting thing that happens once in a blue moon is the audio track is sometimes wrong. Sometimes I think they are feeding the left and right 5.1 channels only, and there is no dialogue through the center channel, forcing me to switch to my local SD feed through dish to hear. Doesn't happen very often, but does occasionally.

One time, the audio even sounded like the director's commentary (like you would hear on some DVD special features)! This only happened once, but it was very strange (and interesting!).

Gary

hmm I am wondering if it is something in csi or maybe its just a quinky dink, I know there are so many affiliates around the good ol usa that you cant keep them all the same, as I said earlier no problems today, so maybe it was just the cobwebs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts