811 at Sears

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I think I am going to buy it...I am really tired of waiting....anyone want to try and dissuade me? And why?

If I am switching out a receiver I can just switch it out right? And then later I can get a quad LNB and run a new line so I can install both receivers on same TV?

When you order the HD pack from Dish is it activated right away?

the only thing I won't get is CBS HD because it is on wing satellite right?

does anyone know if I would qualify for the free install of wing dish I am in zip code 80863..

Thanks

sprinklerguy said:
I think I am going to buy it...I am really tired of waiting....anyone want to try and dissuade me? And why?

If I am switching out a receiver I can just switch it out right? And then later I can get a quad LNB and run a new line so I can install both receivers on same TV?

does anyone know if I would qualify for the free install of wing dish I am in zip code 80863..

Thanks

I bought mine from sears. I got it for $179.99. I had them price match local dealers so the gave me 10% of the difference ($199.99 - Sear price match plus policy) I have a installer coming Feb 2nd! My 811 was ordered I will get it friday paid for it on Sunday!

They will call, or most of the time they will take your word for it.

They do for me anyway.

I have flat out lied about price matches and got them before.

I have only ever seen the retailer call once before, that was for something over $800 though.

peid said:
They will call, or most of the time they will take your word for it.

They do for me anyway.

I have flat out lied about price matches and got them before.

I have only ever seen the retailer call once before, that was for something over $800 though.

I went into my local Sears and asked if they would price match Dish at $199. They had one in stock, but said Dish was not one of their competitors so they wouldn't price match it. I told them I read here that another Sears did price match, but that didn't impress them. I left and realized, what was I thinking!! I could buy it from them and return it when I get my $150 exclusive customer 811 from Dish. Oh well, I guess I will return tomorrow.

Sears Price Matching Plus Policy from Sears website:

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store Sears will match that price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, email the information to order@sears.com

Exclusions

Sears will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. Sears will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match.

Sears Price Match Plus Policy does not apply to parts, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, "Sears Presents" and Shop At Home catalogs.

Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match any online prices.
========================================================

Note emphasis on local retail store.
The Sears stores in my area follow this policy as stated.

Bob

Doesn't matter I guess...I went to sears to pick up the 811 they left behind the counter for me....when they price scanned it , came up at $129.63! She said that reflected the 30% off discount! I zipped my lips and walked slowly out the door.....then I ran....then I drove really fast and every time the phone rings I panic!

Something wrong with barcode reader/scanner and /or the barcode on the box I guess....anyway, I have mine..

It's no wonder Sears is in the Red ink, I bought my 811 from them and paid full price, but I had order 4 other boxes from them and returned two.

When they credited them back, I looked at my ticket and they gave me my money back on the $200 and also gave me back $145.00 sales tax.

What a mess they have !

Can anyone provide a link saying that the 811 is available for 149.99 or 179.99. I have found a sears that has one in stock and would like to get it today.

Can any one help with the sears price match. My sears has one in stock but will not budge on the price. I talked to dish and they told me to have sears call them and that they would tell them I am eligible for 149, but when they called dish told them no way they could do it.

korsjs said:
Can any one help with the sears price match. My sears has one in stock but will not budge on the price. I talked to dish and they told me to have sears call them and that they would tell them I am eligible for 149, but when they called dish told them no way they could do it.

Talk to the manager, if they dont do it talk to thier manager. After 2 mgr's tell them you buy a bunch of stuff there. Show them some websites, have them call local retailer's (specially on sundays when they are closed, LOL)

Tell them they have the opp to take care of the customer now or you will keep going up to DM or RVP until you get treated fair.

They will price match it they have too! (or you wont buy the DLP from them)

chastulsa said:
Talk to the manager, if they dont do it talk to thier manager. After 2 mgr's tell them you buy a bunch of stuff there. Show them some websites, have them call local retailer's (specially on sundays when they are closed, LOL)

Tell them they have the opp to take care of the customer now or you will keep going up to DM or RVP until you get treated fair.

They will price match it they have too! (or you wont buy the DLP from them)

I know this is not going to be a popular position, but... Abusing the price matching policy is borderline theft.

The cash price for an 811 is going to be pretty much $399 everywhere. The $199 price is a promotional price, and is tied to programming commitments. That price is highly subsidized because of the additional revenue generated by the corresponding programming requirement.

Sears is losing almost $200 per receiver by price matching a 'bogus' deal. Even though Sears is a big corporate company and can probably afford to lose money here and there, knowingly cheating them out of money is very wrong in my opinion.

Please imagine how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.. I don't think you would like for someone to extort money from you in this way.

Ok, flame on! :D

Wait so your saying that it was wrong of me to a get a 65 inch Mitsi tv from Sears for $1699 cause they labeled it wrong ?

sprinklerguy said:

Thanks

None of your locals are on the wing so, no, you don't qualify for a free install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)