811 - Border on DVI pic on Samsung DLP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
going to answer my own question...

changed 811 output to 720p and no DVI border now.....

interesting, the 6000 receiver worked better at 1080i....

oh well......

EDIT: SEE POST #8 BELOW.

Yeah the 720p output on the 811 is crap. You might wanna switch to a componet hook up so you can use the 1080i output on the 811.

I found that the 720p output worked better for me on the 811 with my Samsung DLP TV on DVI.

With the 6000, the 1080i seemed better with the Samsung TV.

EDIT: SEE POST #8 BELOW.

ride525 said:
I found that the 720p output worked better for me on the 811 with my Samsung DLP TV on DVI.

With the 6000, the 1080i seemed better with the Samsung TV.

ride525, I have a Samsung DLP HLN437W and I do not have this problem on mine with the 811 using DVI. Sometimes mine will 'freak out' on 1080i with some double imaging, but going to 720p then back to 1080i seems to fix it for me. I would try hooking up the components and see if that works better than the DVI for 1080i. I can tell you that your Sammy has a MUCH better scaler than the 811 and even though your Sammy's native is 720p, it will look MUCH better getting a 1080i signal from the 811 and scaling it itself. After you hook up the components, try some image adjustments, left then right from the HDTV menu. Turn it off and rehookup the DVI, that may take care of the problem. Cant hurt to try.

I agree that on my HLN507W Samsung DLP and 811, the PQ is much better on 1080i material when the 811 is set to 1080i and let the set scale it to 720p.

The only time 720p looks better in my setup is when the broadcast is in 720p.

Also, I get noticably better resolution on native HD program content with DVI over component.

I run 1080i DVI from my 811 to my DLP most of the time, and I have not seen the border problem that you describe. It sounds like overscan is not properly adjusted on the Sammy. You can adjust it from the service menu, and it's best to have a source like the AVIA disk or video essentials. There is detailed info on this in the AVS forum at http://avsforum.com.

Cheers,

Oakenshld said:
ride525, I have a Samsung DLP HLN437W and I do not have this problem on mine with the 811 using DVI. Sometimes mine will 'freak out' on 1080i with some double imaging, but going to 720p then back to 1080i seems to fix it for me.

Sometimes mine "freaks out" and double images when I'm on OTA digital. But when I turn it back to a satellite channel, it goes back to a nice single picture. And I'm still on 720p, since the 1080i gave borders with my 811 and Samsung HLN 437.

Well, I may have had some misinformation above....

Today I checked, and I'm on 1080i with no border problem. The border appears on 720p.

I guess I messed up with my posts above and got it backwards yesterday...

Actually I changed the TV Aspect on the Samsung DLP for the 720p setting from the default of Wide(PC) to Wide(TV) and that fixed everything. Both 1080i and 720p now fill the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)