811 DD problem

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Ok I bought my 811 yesterday... got it home got it programmed everything is fine. It is hooked up using an optical cable strait into my optical in on my receiver. If I tune to a DD channel the receiver doesnt detect anything coming off of it. At first I thought it was a menu problem so I went in and checked the auto switch between pcm and dd. still nothing. so I rebooted... no joy there. I went into the menu and set it to PCM only. well it gets a perfect signal off of PCM. I thought it could be a bad cable or something so I hooked the cable into the dvd player... well it decodes the DD signal jsut fine off of it. So Its pretty well narrowed down to the 811. Now I can live with this little problem... but has anyone else experienced this?

It's only a problem with certain brands of receivers. Works fine with most. I've never had an audio problem with my Denon. What is your brand/model?

NightRyder

ShadowEKU said:
Phillips dont know model off top of head

Shadow: Does your receiver have a provision for assigning digital inputs? If so that assignment must be the same as your video selection.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts