811 freeze

crawpops

Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
has anybody experence this problem yet? after about 2 minutes the video freezes up but the sound works.If you turn it off then on it works fine for about 2 minutes then freezes again. OTA stations are not effected. also my 311 reciver works so I know its not the dish.Did my 811 go bad?

This is a problem with the HD channels (excluding HDNet and HDNet Movies). The other channels have been crammed to 3 channels per transponder and the FEC (error correction rating) is the same as what it was with the 2 channel set up. This is resulting in video lock ups...

My 811 is on 6-8 hours a day. I haven't experienced any increase in video freezes since they started going to 3 HDs per transponder. (Keep in mind that this is the reason that the moved to 8PSK. If you want more HD channels you better support them on this.)

Yeah, I may get an intermittent freeze-up on any of the HDs, including OTAs, now & again...like once or twice a month. A front panel power button reset takes care of it.

Thanks for the info. I finely went to the dish network help site and they told me to turn the power(unplug) the dish reciver for 15 sec then power up. It worked no problums since.

crawpops said:
has anybody experence this problem yet? after about 2 minutes the video freezes up but the sound works.If you turn it off then on it works fine for about 2 minutes then freezes again. OTA stations are not effected. also my 311 reciver works so I know its not the dish.Did my 811 go bad?

Same here, what a pain!

crawpops said:
Thanks for the info. I finely went to the dish network help site and they told me to turn the power(unplug) the dish reciver for 15 sec then power up. It worked no problums since.

Instead of unplugging the power (which is hard for me as it behind the box and a pain to get to) you can press the power button for 5-15 seconds and it does the same thing, reboots the system.

This cured my video freeze. (until the next time!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts