811 guide problem

lrossnm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Santa Fe, NM.
I have a problem of late. About every two days my 811 loses it's guide information. I must power the 811 off and wait for it to go through the transponder and guide download stuff. It then works fine (including locals) for a couple of days. I turn off the 811 at night. This question was asked by the Dish CSR when I told them of the problem.

Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Had similar problem. Check signal strength on 129. Chances are you will lose tracking on cloudy nights with low signals. I had a tree to clear, and now the perpetual update problem gone from my 811/D1000 amateur system.

I'm having the same problem with my Dish 811. In fact, tonight all it said was "Local Digital Programming" or "Programming Information Not Available" on all of the channels. I tried turning the receiver off and back on again and I still got nothing in the guide.

I also turn my receiver off over night.

How do you get it to download the guide?

Larry
SF

I have been doing the soft reboot every couple of days. It solves the problem but it comes back in a couple of days. Also my dish does not have any obstructions, such as a tree, and the weather is not a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)