811 hook up to mitsubishi vs-50800 HELP!

jeffrey1md

Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
:confused: I have the 811 receiver and the installer never hooked up the HDTV connection to the TV. Said he needed another cable and even though I have made several calls I cannot get him to come back. Thought I would try it myself but have no clue what to do. The TV is a Mitsubishi VS-50800. Which is HD compatable not HD ready. On the back of the TV it has a space labeled "High-Definition Interface". Within that space it has:
HDTV VIDEO
R G B H V looks like component inputs below letter
O O O O O

HDTV CONTROL HDTV AUDIO

o 15 PIN PLUG o L (mono) R looks like component inputs again
O O

Can anybody help me? I would really like to get HDTV since I have the receiver

Did he leave the component cable that came in the box with you? If he didn't go purchase one at any big box store. Now plug the component cable into the 811 going color for color (red, green , blue). Next plug the other end into the Mits, going color for color. The 811 doesn't have H and V and it doesn't matter. Now plug a red and white audio cable into each unit. Make sure that you plug the audio cable for the Mits into the same input as HD input.

Turn the TV and receiver on. You should get a picture and sound. If you get sound but no picture it will probably be the 811 set at 720P (the early ones came defaulted that way). If this is the case, you need to add an S-Video cable to a different input and change your TV input to that selection. Now, change 720P to 1080I. You do this by pressing 6, 1, 9 on your remote.

Bobby He left a cable that has a red, blue, green conncectors. It is plugged into the receiver but not the TV (he left it on the floor) I cannot connect this to the TV because it seems the tv has different inputs than what is on this cable.
Do I need some type of adapter?

jeffrey1md said:
Bobby He left a cable that has a red, blue, green conncectors. It is plugged into the receiver but not the TV (he left it on the floor) I cannot connect this to the TV because it seems the tv has different inputs than what is on this cable.
Do I need some type of adapter?

Doing a little research on your model, I see your problem. I found this site that explains a bit. This is not going to be fun.

http://www.laaudiofile.com/hdadapter.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts