811 installation help

jbadallas

Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Hello. Later this week I'm getting a Dish811 installed. I have a ProScan TV which has the HD15 type connector for HD signals. My old 6000 receiver had this connection, but the new 811 does not. Does someone know if I can use a cable that has an HD15 end and a RCA composite video end. I have also seen some cables that are HD15/DVI-A. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, that would be great.

jbadallas said:
Hello. Later this week I'm getting a Dish811 installed. I have a ProScan TV which has the HD15 type connector for HD signals. My old 6000 receiver had this connection, but the new 811 does not. Does someone know if I can use a cable that has an HD15 end and a RCA composite video end. I have also seen some cables that are HD15/DVI-A. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, that would be great.

The DVI connector on the 811 is DVI-D, so a DVI-to-VGA adapter will not work. You will need a transcoder to go from component to RGBHV. For transcoders you can take a look at products from Key Digital, Extron, and Audio Authority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts