811 issue right off the bat!

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
I cant say I wasnt warned by reading here buy I ordered the 811 hooked it up and after I scanned in my locals it crashed. When I viewed a local from the guide, I could not get it to go back to satellite, just black. What do I do now? This thing is less than 24 hours old. Thanks Bob

robertjp said:
I cant say I wasnt warned by reading here buy I ordered the 811 hooked it up and after I scanned in my locals it crashed. When I viewed a local from the guide, I could not get it to go back to satellite, just black. What do I do now? This thing is less than 24 hours old. Thanks Bob

Press the power button for 10-15 seconds. This will reboot the box. (It takes a few minutes) If that does not work, unplug the electric cable for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Then call the E* CSR and tell them you got a bad box!

Harry said:
Press the power button for 10-15 seconds. This will reboot the box. (It takes a few minutes) If that does not work, unplug the electric cable for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Then call the E* CSR and tell them you got a bad box!

Get use to it. You'll be doing it everyday!

I have had my 811 for 11 months and have had no major problems. I have had a few minor ones and when I use the reset procedure it always clears up and works fine. I believe I got one of the very first 811's in the Charlotte, NC area and may have been lucky in the draw pool of customers.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)