811 issue

sixbears

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Wyoming, NY
My original 811 started showing a problem last week. I have had this unit since 12/03 so it is one of the 1st ones. I stated noticing that OTA analog channels were showing flashes of white squares. Also notice these on DSCHD channel. I am connected to the comp video output. However if I changed the display format from normal to stretch problem went away. Bizzare problem. I decided to call Dish figuring the problem resides in the 811. They sent me a replacement 811 2 days later. Problem is gone! Also this replacement 811 has the DishPro logo.

On another note, I did notice that before I upgraded the software on the replacement 811, point dish signal strength meter had a audio signal that allows a person to hear when have the best dish alignment. The new software version 268 does not do this. Also it would be nice if they had this same audio signal when a person is aiming the OTA antenna for digital signals.

sixbears said:
My original 811 started showing a problem last week. I have had this unit since 12/03 so it is one of the 1st ones. I stated noticing that OTA analog channels were showing flashes of white squares. Also notice these on DSCHD channel. I am connected to the comp video output. However if I changed the display format from normal to stretch problem went away. Bizzare problem.

Mine did the same thing the other day. It was on a HD channel and 2-3 little white boxes flickered at the lower center/right portion of my screen. It only happened that 1 day and it has been back.

Hopefully it is not a huge problem and maybe just a programming error or something.

peid said:
Mine did the same thing the other day. It was on a HD channel and 2-3 little white boxes flickered at the lower center/right portion of my screen. It only happened that 1 day and it has been back.

Hopefully it is not a huge problem and maybe just a programming error or something.

I've been seeing the white squares lately on Showtime, HBO and ESPN Hd channels. It probably has to do with loading 3 HD channels per transponder. I hope they can fix this.

I've had pixelation when I have the browser up, but it's no big deal to me. The only thing that's new that has been bugging me is the freezes on TNT and ESPN...

BFG said:
I've had pixelation when I have the browser up, but it's no big deal to me. The only thing that's new that has been bugging me is the freezes on TNT and ESPN...

I also get freeze frames on TNT.

The white boxes we are seeing is not pixelation, but rather complete white boxes about 2-3 of them at the bottom of the screen.

I get pixelation also, and that generally goes across the entire screen, probably 100's of boxes then.

The white squares I was seeing seemed to follow the outline of whatever image was on the screen in a vertical direction and there were many of them not just 2 or 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)