MoCA Status Indicator Issue

tjboston5676, one of my Joey 4s has the MoCA indicator on again this morning. The bridging in my Hopper 3 is already turned off. So for the hell of it, I turned off bridging too in my Hopper Plus. MoCA indicator is still on. So I turned bridging back on in my Hopper Plus and unplugged my Hopper 3. The Joey 4 MoCA indicator went out. So, for now I am leaving my Hopper 3 unplugged until I try something else. Any suggestions?

tjboston5676, one of my Joey 4s has the MoCA indicator on again this morning. The bridging in my Hopper 3 is already turned off. So for the hell of it, I turned off bridging too in my Hopper Plus. MoCA indicator is still on. So I turned bridging back on in my Hopper Plus and unplugged my Hopper 3. The Joey 4 MoCA indicator went out. So, for now I am leaving my Hopper 3 unplugged until I try something else. Any suggestions?
tjboston5676, MoCA indicator came back on in one of my Joey 4s. The Hopper 3 is still unplugged. Pulled the J4 cord for reset. Indicator still on. Wonder if this J4 has an issue! My other J4 hasn't had any MoCA indicator issues lately.

tjboston5676, MoCA indicator came back on in one of my Joey 4s. The Hopper 3 is still unplugged. Pulled the J4 cord for reset. Indicator still on. Wonder if this J4 has an issue! My other J4 hasn't had any MoCA indicator issues lately.
Why not try to swap Joeys and see if the issue follows.

I tried that about a month ago. The MoCA indication issue went from one to other and sometimes both Joeys were on. Couldn't pin it down to one Joey. I will try swapping out again tomorrow and see how goes it.

I tried that about a month ago. The MoCA indication issue went from one to other and sometimes both Joeys were on. Couldn't pin it down to one Joey. I will try swapping out again tomorrow and see how goes it.
Bobby, this morning the MoCA indicator was on at the other J4. Did a remote control Hopper Plus reboot and it cleared up. So decided not to swap my J4s around. I think the MoCA issue is coming from the Hopper unless my router is causing it. Is anyone else having MoCA issues?

Bobby, this morning the MoCA indicator was on at the other J4. Did a remote control Hopper Plus reboot and it cleared up. So decided not to swap my J4s around. I think the MoCA issue is coming from the Hopper unless my router is causing it. Is anyone else having MoCA issues?
I was having Moca issues and narrowed it down to the 4-way splitter after the duo hub. Replaced it over the weekend and all seems ok right now.

I was having Moca issues and narrowed it down to the 4-way splitter after the duo hub. Replaced it over the weekend and all seems ok right now.
Thanks dsimmon9. I have a 2-way splitter after the Duo Hub and already replaced it. I have another spare splitter and will try swapping it out again. Do you have issues with your Joeys? Both of my Joey 4s act strange sometimes, especially if the MoCA indicator is on. For example, if I try to reset the Joey in the tools menu, the select popup blinks. Also, in the PTAT recordings folder all the recordings start to blink, can't select any.

Thanks dsimmon9. I have a 2-way splitter after the Duo Hub and already replaced it. I have another spare splitter and will try swapping it out again. Do you have issues with your Joeys? Both of my Joey 4s act strange sometimes, especially if the MoCA indicator is on. For example, if I try to reset the Joey in the tools menu, the select popup blinks. Also, in the PTAT recordings folder all the recordings start to blink, can't select any.
I have had problems with the Joey 4. I've had the red bars too. The Joey 3's just had low signal until I replaced the splitter. I will let you know if I get the red bars again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have had problems with the Joey 4. I've had the red bars too. The Joey 3's just had low signal until I replaced the splitter. I will let you know if I get the red bars again.

Charles, I have a new problem with my Joey 4. It will not display 4K content. See my attachments. I get a message saying it is unable to display 4K content. When I go to the screen to select the output resolution, I don't have that option. Can you check your Joey 4 to see if you have the same issue? I tried resetting it to factory defaults, but it won't do that either.

Thanks,
dsimmons

Attachments

• 20231222_195039.jpg
    20231222_195039.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Resolution.jpg
    Resolution.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 45
Charles, I have a new problem with my Joey 4. It will not display 4K content. See my attachments. I get a message saying it is unable to display 4K content. When I go to the screen to select the output resolution, I don't have that option. Can you check your Joey 4 to see if you have the same issue? I tried resetting it to factory defaults, but it won't do that either.

Thanks,
dsimmons
I don't watch anything in 4K unless it just happens to be in 4K. What is the title you are watching and I will find it and try it out? I have following apps: Netflix, Max, Prime Video, Paramount+, Discovery+, & Peacock+.

I don't watch anything in 4K unless it just happens to be in 4K. What is the title you are watching and I will find it and try it out? I have following apps: Netflix, Max, Prime Video, Paramount+, Discovery+, & Peacock+.
There is nothing in 4k at this time. But if I tune to channel 540-01 on the Hopper, I get a screen that is in 4K. See attachment. There is an option to select the resolution to 4k on the Hopper, but not on the Joey 4. Since I don't see an option on the Joey 4 to select the output resolution, it makes me think it is broken and can't show 4k content. That's why I'm asking if you can view channel 540-01 on your Joey 4.

Attachments

• 20231227_155646.jpg
    20231227_155646.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20231227_155721.jpg
    20231227_155721.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 38
There is nothing in 4k at this time. But if I tune to channel 540-01 on the Hopper, I get a screen that is in 4K. See attachment. There is an option to select the resolution to 4k on the Hopper, but not on the Joey 4. Since I don't see an option on the Joey 4 to select the output resolution, it makes me think it is broken and can't show 4k content. That's why I'm asking if you can view channel 540-01 on your Joey 4.
In my Hopper 3 on channel 540-01, I don't see an option to select. Where is it? see pic. When I select channel 540-01 in my Joey 4, I get popup #1540. see pic

Attachments

• 20231227_162225.jpg
    20231227_162225.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231227_162029.jpg
    20231227_162029.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 41
In my Hopper 3 on channel 540-01, I don't see an option to select. Where is it? see pic. When I select channel 540-01 in my Joey 4, I get popup #1540. see pic
Looks like you have the same problem with the Joey 4. Must be a problem with the last software update. To get to option to change the resolution settings on the Joey 4, you have to go to the gear in the upper right of the screen and go to Dish settings, then to TV. The option is in the Hopper and my Joey 3's, but is missing in the Joey 4.

Looks like you have the same problem with the Joey 4. Must be a problem with the last software update. To get to option to change the resolution settings on the Joey 4, you have to go to the gear in the upper right of the screen and go to Dish settings, then to TV. The option is in the Hopper and my Joey 3's, but is missing in the Joey 4.
I also don't see the resolution option in my J4s and WJ4s. I see it in my H3. Can't check it in my Hopper Plus because wife is using it.