811 issues? Or instalation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
After I move a few months ago I got dish 1000 installed for free to my new home (no commitments even!! :eek: ). I kept it just for the voom channels that I would still get with my 811. at the new place I was also able to get OTA. The annoying thing that happened was that, if I watched OTA for a while the dish would lose 129 then all the other sats and then freeze! I called dish and they told me to unplug the receiver and replug it. they said that was an 811 issue! It kept happening until the day I cancelled the service.

Now that I'm comtemplating getting the service back with the 622 (just a remote possibility since I have direct right now with commitment for another 8 months) does that problem happen to anyone with the 622? How about the 811?

Thanks!

My 811 lost signal from all sats too. Do you have any other receivers in the house? I had a 311 in another room and after a certain SW download to the 811 that problem started. I learned from reading here that the 2 did'nt play nice together anymore and disconnecting the sat in line to the 311 and rebooting the 811 and doing a switch test fixed the problem--until it happened again. The only way I found to not have to do all that was to just leave the 811 on all the time. I have a 622 now with the 811 in the other room and havnt had a single problem.

The 811 is notoriously poor at handling anything except pristine OTA PSIP. I haven't heard as many complaints about the 622.

the 811 was the only receiver on after I moved. good to know that problem is not happening with the 6221

VegasVoomer said:
My 811 lost signal from all sats too. Do you have any other receivers in the house? I had a 311 in another room and after a certain SW download to the 811 that problem started. I learned from reading here that the 2 did'nt play nice together anymore and disconnecting the sat in line to the 311 and rebooting the 811 and doing a switch test fixed the problem--until it happened again. The only way I found to not have to do all that was to just leave the 811 on all the time. I have a 622 now with the 811 in the other room and havnt had a single problem.

My 811 was flawless (with very limited OTA experience) until I moved it and swapped some other receivers, including installing a 622 in the "main" location. Now the 811 will occasionally go "dead" and only a reboot will fix it (usually a soft reboot is enough) and I frequently switch to the PG to see all blocks returning "No Info" which can only be resolved with a soft reboot, sometimes more than one. I'm not sure if these problems are related or not or if they are related to the current complement of equipment (also have a 311 attached) and/or whether or not any recent SW D/Ls are part of the problem. I haven't really kept track of what SW the 811 has or how often it changes...

Last edited:
kb7oeb said:
The 811 can't recieve the sat signal when its tuned to OTA, the 622 doesn't have that limitation.

good info to know. I just got a 811 and wondered why when I am on a OTA channel for a while and switch to satellite, the guide is all goofed up

I usually have better luck if I change to a satellite channel for a while before hitting guide. Leaving it on ota for a long time for me almost always ends up with a reboot to get the guide stable again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)