811 iWeather on 9500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
Just found this last night on my 811, channel 9500 is an opentv weather application, don't remember seeing it on the board. Pretty cool local weather app.

Why can't they do something usefull with the weather like have it DL radar data? Or since it's accueweather have Joe Bastardi do a video update .

Accuweather-HD with Bastardi and hire Kristina Abernathy from TWC! Severe weather livestreams in HD! I'll get right on producing that, as soon as I can find my wallet with the extra $200M in it :)

Seriously, I hope oneday we'll have a 24/7 weather event station in HD.

from Multichannel News:

NBC TURNS UP HEAT.
by LINDA MOSS

Eyes Two Digital Networks, Including Weather

NEW YORK -- NBC Cable is aiming to launch two digital networks with one of them likely to be a weather channel with strong local elements, and possibly even traffic reports officials said last week.

This came out last week and I thought it was an interesting hint of what may become of OTA digital broadcasting. The only way a service like this will ever take off is if the FCC enforces digital must-carry on cable companies. The plan is for NBC affiliates to create a dedicated digital sub-channel just for weather. I think WRAL was the first to do this. It isn't in HDTV but it is pretty cool! 8)

I wish Dish Network would have those radar maps. That would be a very nice feature appreciated by many existing and potential customers.

With most people being served by their locals now on dish it might not be quite as big a deal, but I agree. Having local weather available is important and since Cable does it, DBS should find a way. I don't count the current weather on 9500 or 100 as a true weather station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts