811/legacy LNB upgrade to 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

db2521

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I've been reading a lot of posts & just want to make sure I understand what I need before calling DN (and to make sure that the tech is doing what I want).

I have an 811 and a 501 connected to 2 dishes (110/119 & 61.5) with legacy twin LNBs (no PRO logos on either LNB, the 61.5 dish has only a single LNB w/ w 2 coax connections). There are two SW21 switches that connect the LNBs with each SW21 going to just one receiver.

I want to get two 622's, so I believe that the LNBs will need upgrading to a PRO version and a SW44 or an SW34 & another switch would be needed. Does this sound correct?

If I got only a single 622, then would my current setup work? Seems that way since I currently get all 3 satellites on 2 different receivers/tuners.

Thanks in advance

D

Last edited:
Yes you would need to upgrade due to needing four lines on your current setup. If you switch out the lnb on 110/119 to a DishProPlus twin head, and a twin for 61.5, you can run wire to the input on the twin head and use one line to each 622 and use DPP seperator (comes with 622) to feed both inputs on each receiver. The switch is built into the twin head. SW equipment will not work with DishPro or DishProPlus lnb's.

You did not say if you would deactivate the 501 and 811 (neither of which is considered a "legacy" box as compared to the 6000 and other earlier boxes.

When you get the 622, they will install whatever you need to make it work. If you keep the 501 and 811, they will have to instal a DPP44 switch. If you tell them you are (or plan to) deactivate the 501/811, they will not install a DPP44 switch but may simply use a DPP LMB with two outputs and a different input connector to plug the 61.5dish into. The DPP44 option gives you future options incase you want to expand (like adding a 4th satellite or adding additional receivers down the road). SO MY recommendation is to simply order your 622 with the free installation, keep the 501/811 for awhile and deactivate those later on if you wish. They will only give you a $25 credit for the 501/811 if you own them and no credit if you lease them.

Hope this offers some insight as to what you might want to do

Thanks Garys & JWC for the help & advice, I now have a better idea of what I want/need.

I was planning on deactivating the 811 & 501 but I didn't consider that the 622 just needs a single output from the switch. I did consider trying to get a DPP44 installed by keeping enough receivers to require one, thanks for the confirming advice! I'm not sure that I'll need it but might as well get DN to install one just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts