811 Losing its Mind

I would be on the phone but mine is having no problems whatsoever. It downloads the guide once a day since I never turn it off, usually in the morning when I push the guide button. The only reason I'm thinking I have no problems is because I have no OTA antenna connected and no OTA channels saved in my favorites. I'm getting all my locals from the sat.

I have no problems with my 622 on OTA either. You cant compare that to an 811. After reading all the comments here it seems like the OTA channels in the guide have something to do with the problem.

My second call today to support re the 3.81 software glitch was productive. One month plus 2 weeks without service (their term) credit was given. If told we're working on it, nothing I can do ask for the supervisor.. So I urge you all to make the call.
Error 005 (smart card not authorized) appearing on satellite channels, don't think that would have anything to do with OTA. Where are the experts opinion on this, am I missing their posts?

Last night was the first time in weeks that my 811 didn't attempt to "download" programming information when I hit the Guide button on the remote. I will assume this was a problem with my local channel mapping (Washington DC). Did anyone else get this problem resolved?

Last night was the first time in weeks that my 811 didn't attempt to "download" programming information when I hit the Guide button on the remote. I will assume this was a problem with my local channel mapping (Washington DC). Did anyone else get this problem resolved?

Dish 811 software incremented to P382 recently and apparently solved the constant attempt to download local channel information. However, for me, since the P381 update I can no longer decode the broadcast signal of one of my OTA digital local channels. I've been able to watch that channel on my 811 for almost 3 years, then suddenly with the P381 software it only loads as its actual channel number and any attempt to select it causes an automatic soft reboot of the 811.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! I have two 811's and can't believe I pay almost $90 a month to have to watch that g-damn program information retrieval bar crawl across my TV screen twice a day whenever I press the MENU button...what the HELL can I do to stop it???

Dish 811 software incremented to P382 recently and apparently solved the constant attempt to download local channel information. However, for me, since the P381 update I can no longer decode the broadcast signal of one of my OTA digital local channels. I've been able to watch that channel on my 811 for almost 3 years, then suddenly with the P381 software it only loads as its actual channel number and any attempt to select it causes an automatic soft reboot of the 811.

Well my Dish 811 software has been updated to P384 and now I get that missing OTA digital local channel decoded just fine (i.e., like it was for almost 3 years before P381). However, now the No Info problem with the EPG is back (P382 fixed that). What is it with the Dish software people, they can't ever seem to fix something without breaking somethinge else.

Carl B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts