811 Misubishi Big screen install Hell!

drain69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2003
I just got a 48 inch Mitsu big screen with an integraded HD tuner. I hooked up my new 811 but cannot get picture. Do I need to search for HD channels both on and off air before the 811 will actually see anything. Please anyone who has installed an 811 on a Mitsu big screen please reply and help!

JD

I have a Mitsi 48413 (does not have the HD tuner) and I have my 811 installed via the DTV Component port. I also have it hooked up through DVI as well.

First off, you will need to hook up the 811 through S-Video or the components and go into the main menu and change the output from 720P to either 480P or 1080i. The 811 comes set to 720p by default. Your Mits can not do 720p, so it either needs to be set to 480i, 480p, or 1080i. Once you have this set, hook the 811 up via the component cables or through DVI. You will need a DVI-D cable for this. They can be bought on the web or on e-bay for as little as a couple of dollars.

-Mark

Opps, in that previous post there is mistake. You should hook up the 811 to the S-Video or the COMPOSITE (not component) outputs and then go into the main menu (menu, 1, then HDTV setup) and change the 720p to either 480p, or 1080i.

If you want to use your built in tuner, hook up an off air antenna to your ANT-A or ANT-B connection and view your locals that way. Though the 811 can do the same thing.

I have the WS48511 which has a built in tuner. I hooked up the 811 using the component cables since my tv does not have a DVI input. When I go to the DTV-Cable input it just says that the channels do not exist. Do I need to have the TV memorize all the channels for the 811 to give picture? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

I had the same problem, I just kept going into the menu and changing everything until I got it right. I know this does not help you much but I do remember seeing a YPr/PB vs. rgb or something similar and I think this was the problem. I changed the setting to YPr.I think I went into the add device screen. I am at work or I could guide you a little better.

drain69 said:
I have the WS48511 which has a built in tuner. I hooked up the 811 using the component cables since my tv does not have a DVI input. When I go to the DTV-Cable input it just says that the channels do not exist. Do I need to have the TV memorize all the channels for the 811 to give picture? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

I think you are confusing some things. Your OTA HD channels will come from the 811 not your internal DTV tuner. If you have your TV hooked up through component cables you need to change the input to the component input on your TV NOT your DTV-Cable input.

You should have your satellite and antenna coax inputs going to the 811. The 811 will control both satellite and OTA channels. You can also split the coax coming from you OTA antenna and feed it both into your 811 and your Mits internal DTV tuner. This way you can get OTA channels both through your 811 and through your internal Mits tuner.

About that DTV input. It does support YPr/Pb or RGB. I just made sure in the set up that it was set to YPr/Pb. No problems since. I also had to do that with the PS2 when hooking it up. In the PS2 menu, it can do a variety of different things and it was not set at default.

Make sure your mits has THAT input turned "on". On your mits remote, press menu, setup, input selection. I am using the rgb cable that came with the 811. Picture looks fantastic!!!
Odds are there is nothing wrong with your tv or the receiver, you just have to play around with your input to make sure the tv and receiver are "shaking hands". You will get it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)