811 OTA guide - LOL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
From the tech jive on 101 tonight, they are talking about the terrific integration of OTA into the program guide.

Uh? All of my 811 OTA channels have NO information in the guide, other than letting me know I have programmed a channel. These presenters are really clueless on the missing functionality in the 811.

Keith.

keith said:
From the tech jive on 101 tonight, they are talking about the terrific integration of OTA into the program guide.

Uh? All of my 811 OTA channels have NO information in the guide, other than letting me know I have programmed a channel. These presenters are really clueless on the missing functionality in the 811.

Keith.

So I wasn't crazy! I, too, got pissed when I thought they bullshitted their way through the answer. However, a bunch of people on the chat (I believe it was dbstalk, not here) got on my case that the customer asked about Dish Locals, not OTA.

It's certainly possible they misinterpreted the question. But, I took it to mean the guy wanted to know when we would get OTA guide info. It's a shame he didn't articulate it very well.

I put in a feature request so that you could map OTA back to an assigned channel #.

So that, for example, I could say for OTA Channel 4-1, use channel 8523 (Local ST. Louis CBS affiliate).

The SAT channel is a guess, I don't know what the channel # is off the top of my head, but you see the point I'm making. Guide information is available and I don't see why a link to a Channel # isn't feasible.

Regards,

John Kotches said:
I put in a feature request so that you could map OTA back to an assigned channel #.

Regards,

That would be one possibility.

Many digital OTA's transmit program info (ATSC A/65B & A/69 - PSIP) but it doesn't appear the 811 can decode the information - or maybe it's a feature they can add in software later.

I believe Directtv receivers can display guide data for local OTA's, but I have never had Directtv and don't know that for a fact.

Keith.

Well, he's partialy correct. On the 6K and 811, for the NTSC analog channels only, you could say which MAJOR network they were for and for the prime time network shows you would get the program info.

I don't understand why E* has not got this solved since D* has for over three years on their HD STB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)