811 P3.37, Scheduled for 3/14/06 download

SniperREX

Mar 27, 2006
mdonnelly said:
Welcome.

Try changing the remote's address. The procedue is in the book. One of your neighbors might have an 811 remote that's conflicting with yours.

Thx :). I'll try right away.

rthomp03

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
St. Peters, MO
Has anyone else noticed that 3.37 is now in "forced" mode. I have my receiver set to ask before downloading and tonight, viola 3.37 is there. WTF? :mad:

RobertsD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 22, 2005
Layton, UT
rthomp03 said:
Has anyone else noticed that 3.37 is now in "forced" mode. I have my receiver set to ask before downloading and tonight, viola 3.37 is there. WTF? :mad:
IF they made 3.37 the only valid version(where before 3.35 and 3.37 were valid) then it automatically updates, without permission.

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
No forced D/L ??

RobertsD said:
IF they made 3.37 the only valid version(where before 3.35 and 3.37 were valid) then it automatically updates, without permission.

I may have a solution for that - I *NEVER* turn-off my 811, ostensibly because I'm inclined to watch programming from it on either of 2 remote TVs in other rooms at any hour, but more realistically because I'm too lazy. (I figure the power consumption is minimal even tho' that does go against my general conservation-focused style - but, that's a topic for another thread!) So about every other day I need to wait a moment or so while the PG updates but other than that I see no evidence that 3.37 has tried to force it's way in. It's still showing 3.35 in the system menu, at least the last time I checked several days ago...

UPDATE 4/3/06 - Well, scratch that idea - 3.37 installed itself without asking...! So far I haven't noticed anything different, but I haven't spent much time with it either...

Last edited:

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Ok, everytime I tune to a local OTA channel, DC WJLA-DT (7-1 or 7-2), the receive freezes and reboots. I must admit this particular 811 is down in the home theater room which is infrequently used during winter and spring months (too cold for wife)...however, I'm pretty sure I was tuning to this channel within the past week. All my other receivers (622, 942, Sony/Mits/Sammy HDTV, Sony HD DVR) appear to be working fine. Also, all other satellite and OTA channels appear to be working well on this 811 (P337).

Is anyone else having this problem or I am just suffering the effects of those bong parties from back in the 70s?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Update: Finally got around to rescanning/saving everything...problem has been corrected. However, I did noticed WJLA changed PSIP channel identifiers since the last time I scanned (probably last fall). I'm not sure when this changed, but it's odd how some of us had problems with our 811s recently after software P337:

Old Channels Names
WJLA-DT, 7.1, 14.000 mbs
WJLA-DT2, 7.2, 2.512 mbs

New Channels Names
WJLA-HD, 7.1
WJLA-SD, 7.2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)