811 Program Guide Crippled with 265 "Update"

Do you have to repeat the reset with 265 occasionally to continue to get the guide to behave, or is it that once you reset it after sometime after the update, its no longer an issue?

Norm,yes you will probably have to do the reset more than once.I've
had to hard reset it three times since 265 came out,but who knows
you might get lucky. :)

I was having the same problem recently with my 811. Tha 5 second power hold reboot solved the channel guide issues. When the 811 rebooted the channel guide reloaded and now I can once again see more than 1-2 hours ahead and the right information is showing on the right channels.

I have just about had it with the 811. I am very close to dumping this junk they call hardware and move on to another provider. I spend over $100.00 a month for this service. What is wrong with me!!!!!!!

I have had the 811 since 12/30/04 I have had nothing but problems.

The most annoying is the guide. I have to do a hard-rest at least
3 or 4 times a week now get the guide to work. It either has no info
are the description is wrong.

Keep loosing the satellite signal and have to check switch.

Dark picture on HD stations.

Low sound on HD stations.

FWIW, this morning was the 1st time I have ever had to reboot my 811 to get the EPG populated.

After turn on this a.m. I got the typical guide info download screen the 1st time I hit the "GUIDE" button. But the status bar stopped just before getting all the way to the right & when the window went away there was no info.

I tried it a couple of more times with the same result & eventually got it to start cycling. It would go almost to the end & start over repeatedly. I let this go on for a while just for fun & to see if it would ever take the whole DL.

When I decided to stop it there was some guide info but some of it was right & some of it was wrong; i.e., The History Channel was labeled NHL Center Ice, etc.

So I just did a front panel power reset after which everything worked fine, as usual. The EPG was populated until Wed. morning - almost exactly 48 hours.

BTW, how many of you knew that you can skip back & forth in the EPG by "typing" a number of hours with the keypad & hitting the blue > (BROWSE) & < (THEME) buttons just like with the PVR/DVRs? Unfortunately you can't do a 24 hr skip but with "only" a 48 hr guide I guess it's not so necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)