811 replacement options? ? ?

DSquared

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Modesto, CA
:confused: I will replace my 921 with a 622 in my Home Theater Room. However, I use an 811 for the flat panel in my kitchen. I do not have room for the 811 in my kitchen so I store it with my audio components in my music room which is in a room with an opposing wall to the kitchen. I just run the video and audio cables in a sheath through the wall directly into the TV. This works because the 811 has a UHF remote.

What are my upgrade options? The 211 has an IR remote. I don't want another 622 for a 17" TV. Is there a 211 type option with a UHF remote?

Help!

Dsquared
Modesto, CA

622 can actually work 2 locations in your home TV1 (at the receiver) and TV2 in any other room in your home without a box via UHF remote. if you have the 811 on that 17" TV that I know isn't high def then do away with the 811 and set that as the TV2 location for the 622

Only thing is when you want to watch picture in picture at TV1 (Only avail at TV1) you will need to set the recever in single mode meaning no output is going to TV2 location...

Just swap between modes by pressing the "MODE" button on the 622 for when you want to watch PIP even though I never even use PIP myself

Ken P. said:
622 can actually work 2 locations in your home TV1 (at the receiver) and TV2 in any other room in your home without a box via UHF remote. if you have the 811 on that 17" TV that I know isn't high def then do away with the 811 and set that as the TV2 location for the 622

Only thing is when you want to watch picture in picture at TV1 (Only avail at TV1) you will need to set the recever in single mode meaning no output is going to TV2 location...

Just swap between modes by pressing the "MODE" button on the 622 for when you want to watch PIP even though I never even use PIP myself
Doesn't the 622 still output the picture to TV2, even in single mode? I thought it just shows whatever you are watching on TV1...

In April, check out the specs on the forth-coming single tuner HD 222.
It may or may have the uhf emote.

fred

replace two 811 with two 211?

I have a different problem. Just got off the phone with dish csr. Currently I have two 811s hooked to two HD TVs and old HD package with top60. I was told that I cannot replace both 811 with 211. Only one of them and have to watch SD on the second TV. I don't think I am alone with this kind of setup but couldn't find any threads about posible solutions. Any help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts