811 software - mid June !!!

bruce said:
Because I for example like using s-video for the SD channels because my stretch function on my Toshiba(Theater wide 1) works a lot better then the 811,I can very barely tell while with the 811 stretch everyone looks like fat trolls.

I find that "Partial Zoom" (Partial Stretch?) doesn't look to bad. "Wide Zoom" on my Sony TV looks more natural, but the 811 is definitely accetable.

The 811 could use one of the nice stretch modes that leaves the center relatively untouched and does most of the stretching towards the sides of the picture.

bruce said:
Because I for example like using s-video for the SD channels because my stretch function on my Toshiba(Theater wide 1) works a lot better then the 811,I can very barely tell while with the 811 stretch everyone looks like fat trolls.

I agree. On My RCA HDTV it's the "Cinerama" setting. Plus many monitors allow for seperate sound & picture settings for each input, So by also running the 811 thru one of the S-Vid inputs you can set up different defaults for SD that might not be appropiate for HD.

I wonder if this next download will improve PQ for the 811's rear composite Inputs ?

WaltinVt

AndyMon said:
Wonder if the dark video fix will also extend to the dark video via DVI issue?
Well the word is that they are aware that it is not just svideo/composite and they are fixings both. Well shall see soon we hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts