811 software - mid June !!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Watching the tech jive on 101 tonight - software that turns on Dish Home Channel is coming in mid June! That is P266 according to Dish CSR's. That sucks.

Keith.

I thought I heard that event timer and VCR functions will be fixed by the end of July.

Keith.

Baywoof said:
I thought I heard the 811 OTA guide fixes won't be ready until JULY!!! (crap)

Well they said that 921 guide fixes should be ready by mid june, so maybe the 811 will get those same guide fixes as well

On the "brighter" side, they said there would be a fix next week for the dark video issue. So it sounds like dish home may now be 267

Taken from "Technical Chat Summary 5-10-04"

E-mail question from Bob: 811 has dark output in 480i.

Answer: Software fix coming next week.

E-mail question from Raymond: On the 811, what happened with the software fix that was supposed to fix the aspect ratio on wide-screen.

Answer: Aspect ratio and zoom changes will be made available in mid June.

GaryPen said:
But, we can adjust the aspect ratio now. What fixes are coming in that area?

Maybe it's the aspect ratio in SD. This is really a problem for me because of the OTA channels that transmit in HD format but in 4:3 ratio. I can't zoom it, so the channels are "boxed" in black frame all around.

Not sure that this is what they are talking about but I hope it is.

-Mark

chunchma said:
For me it works if I stand on my head and whistle Dixie while pressing the # key with my little toe. At least that's how the CSR told me to do it.

:)

I just tried this and nothing happen. I think I'll try pushing the * key next time. ;)

From what I saw come accross the chat room was that the video fix is coming next week and the Home Dish stuff is June. The Event timer fix will be in July.

I would not get caught up version numbers because they change like the wind. Looks to me that they have pushed back the Home Dish stuff since it is not ready and they don't want to delay dark video. My guess is they are readying the forums and seeing all the pissed of users.

On a side note, whenever you pull code out there is always that risk of breaking something.. Lets hope that does not happen, but it is a risk I am sure they have evaluated. ;)

I just hope that along with the dark video comes some fixes in OTA updating and getting rid of the continuous loop. I don't see how they could not send out the next update without that fixed.

I'm a little worried about them "fixing" things that seem to be isolated issues...

Aspect ratios problems, what's this? my aspect ratios work fine...

Dark output on SD outputs... This sounds dumb to me, why are people using SD outputs on a HD Receiver to an HDTV? I sure hope dish doesn't screw something up so the whole damn thing becomes dark...

It just seems that everytime they create an update the things that were working before get screwed up, I really hope this wont be the case...

BFG said:
I'm a little worried about them "fixing" things that seem to be isolated issues...

Dark output on SD outputs... This sounds dumb to me, why are people using SD outputs on a HD Receiver to an HDTV? I sure hope dish doesn't screw something up so the whole damn thing becomes dark...

Because I for example like using s-video for the SD channels because my stretch function on my Toshiba(Theater wide 1) works a lot better then the 811,I can very barely tell while with the 811 stretch everyone looks like fat trolls.

BFG said:

It just seems that everytime they create an update the things that were working before get screwed up, I really hope this wont be the case...

C'mon, work with me here.
- I have two TVs connected to the 811
- 1 HD (family room) and 1 SD (kitchen)
- No aspect ratio problem with HD
- Problem in aspect ratio with SD

My SD S-Video goes to my Tivo. It was one of the benefits of having simultaneous outputs. Recordings on the Tivo are so bad due to the small size, compressed garbage at the top, and darkness that I am probably going to switch locals back to my tuner in the Tivo.

BFG said:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)