811 Software P262 Update Now Available!

"* Lost HD channels. This also includes lose of what channel it should be on... 46-01 should be mapped to 13-02 and 46-01 should be mapped to 13-01. I never had a problem with this on the 6000 or with the previous version of the software."

Yes, the 262 totally screwed up the OTA reception on my 811 too. I also called Dish and let them know about it. I wonder how competent their engineers are if they release such a buggy upgrade.

Nicu

Recall button not working on OTA HD channels

I just noticed that if my 811 is tuned to an OTA HD channel, the recall button does not change to the previous channel - it just reselects the current OTA channel. The recall button works fine when on any other channel, both SD and HD.

I am on P262, but I don't know if this is a new problem with P262 or if I just didn't notice this before.

My only major complaint with my 811 is the picture darkness. I have a sony xbr 70" and can split the screen with ota on one side and the same channel on my sat. and there is a definate difference between the two. I called dish and complained about it and the gal said( while I listened to her shuffle the pages in her book) that it was probably my component cable that was bad.No one in my area has a dvi cable in stock yet so I don't know if that would help. I lost my local hd channels today with the upgrade, found them on a different channel #(boy,the boss was NOT impressed with that!).I've tried to use the format button to change the aspect ratio but no luck- the name changes on the screen but everything looks the same. Still no improvement on the epg either.Oh well,at least the t.v. works,huh.

I have both a 6000 and an 811, both connected to the same 16x9 HDTV via 2 component input; this makes A/B comparison easy. The 2 component inputs share all the same settings.

If I tune to ESPN-HD (9424) or CNN (200) they usually have some text scrolling across the bottom of the screen. On the 6000 I can use the HDTV adjustment screen (menu-6-1-9-Adjust) so that the scrolling text is completely visible. With the 811 I cannot adjust it enough to get all the text completely visible - maybe half the text is visible.

I haven't seen any other reports of this issue.
Is anyone else seeing this?

got my 811 installed yesterday.
so far I've got these problems:
*Video over S-video is definitely dark and low level detail is non existant! I compared S-video output with the S-video out from my 508. 508 looks fine... componant output is ok though, both on HD and SD.
*OTA HDTV looks *softer* than the ATSC tuner in my plasma.
*OTA tuning is quirky, and I keep auto dropping a low power station (55%-60%)
*digital audio drops off after a while when changing channels. I have to reset the receiver to fix it. turning it off and back on doesn't help.
*my 508 is now giving me "check switch" messages that are mandatory. Meanwhile, the 811 is chuggin away. :rolleyes:
*I want to be able to set this thing up to output the 480i SD video......in 480i (OMG....what a concept!) There should be a setting so that when you're watching a HD channel its 1080i or 720p, and when you change channels to SD it switches back to 480i. (the Direct TV's do this I'm pretty sure) I need this ability because my internal ip converter in my plasma is better than the one in the 811. I've checked it and S-video has less artifacting than componant... :rolleyes:
*the '*' aspect ratio modes work fine for both SD and HD over componant, but not over S-video, I don't know if they're supposed to or not, but thought I'd add it :D
I haven't called anyone yet. Been to busy to deal with CSR's...
* my satellite local channels have dissapeared somewhere in the 9000's and are much harder to find. I liked them at the *actual* channel #'s like on my 508. I understand that the OTA channels are taking these spots now, but theres got to be a better way...

Besides the OTA channel mapping problem, one weird one I had before and after the update is:

Adding NBC (if memory serves) via Add DTV channel, I will get a steady 73-78% signal strength. I'll add it, but then when I try to select after exiting it it will only give me 49%, and then drops off with the "lost signal" notification. It sometimes jumps up to 70% or more while trying to lock, but just won't won't lock on it.

So I can't receive that station even with it coming through at 70% or more.

Floyd

Floyd,

Try rescanning for channels instead of adding them individually. I lost the CBS local 11-01 in Dallas with the new update and when it rescanned it showed up as 19-01.

Guderian said:
Floyd,

Try rescanning for channels instead of adding them individually. I lost the CBS local 11-01 in Dallas with the new update and when it rescanned it showed up as 19-01.

I found the same thing. A digital scan is more reliable in terms of maintaining channel mapping than adding the DTV channels manually. I then deleted the DTV channels I wasn't interested in.

I am noticing a lot of PSIP channel mapping problems. I will often go to, say 007-1 and what comes up is the real channel 024-1. I go in and rescan and it maps back to 007-1. I also have a Samsung SirT151 and it keeps the virtual channel just fine. This is an 811 problem.

I got the update last night and still getting problems listed below. Running 811 through DVI on Sony GWII LCD

1: Does not happen every time but switching between OTA and SD I will lose picture and get message saying acquiring satellite signal. The only the way to get the signal back is to do a switch check.

2: Popping sound from TV speakers. After this happens I will sometimes lose sound. I can get the sound back by changing to a different channel. Again this happens switching between OTA and SD.

3: Still dark picture

4: Still mapping problem. Will lose my local OTA channels. If come to it latter it will be back.

Things that where fixed

1:Aspect modes. They seem to work great. It will also keep what ever aspect I have assigned even after I turn receiver off.

2: Receiver is not locking up. At least it did not last night.

"I am noticing a lot of PSIP channel mapping problems"

This new problem is very annoying. I hope that they fix it soon without creating new problems! I also have the Samsung 151 OTA receiver and it works with no mapping problems. You might also notice that the Samsung receiver has no closed captions problems while the 811 doesn't have CC on CBS or NBC while the 151 does.

Nicu

I have noticed that a couple of times also. I'll try to scroll down 1 channel and it goes down about 3.

I too have noticed that sometimes pressing the button once reacts as a 'double-click'.
My OTA reception on the 811 was wonky before the update, and it's wonky after
the update. Now it's just wonky in a different way.
But the aspect ratio fix works well, so I have faith DISH will get this ironed out,
and in a reasonable timeframe.

If you are seeing new issues with 262, such as the PSIP problems, call Dish and let them know. Or send them an email to their tech support. Just posting the info here to me, even if Dish does read this forum, is not enough to insure they get the message. If you call, they should be logging something about the incident and the problem.. Ask for feedback, whether you'll get some maybe debatable, but if you do, then you know they are at least concerned enough to let you know they are looking into it....

I followed the advice and called Dish tech Support with my 811 problems (Maping, sound poping) and they logged them saying they do need this direct feedback from the subs.

I see an annoyance with 811. I have Zee TV(Indian) and as soon as I switch to that channel, the box locks up(not everytime but frequently), but picture and voice are there. I can't use the remote anymore. I hit a button on the remote and it takes atleast 15 minutes to react to that command. If I hit the UP button, it changes the channel after 15 minutes and everything is back to normal.

What gives? I haven't seen this kind of behavior with others.

My biggest annoyance is 480i SD video coming out as something other than 480i on the component outs (not sure if DVI makes a diff). I too would love to use my TV's stretch mode, which does not work with anything but 480i.

OTA experiences

Like some of you, I'm trying to load my OTA DT channels into the 811. Certainly in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, the mapping numbers are not the same as expected. My pressing question is when I use the guide to exit an OTA channel and shift back to a satellite number, the box "freezes." Re-booting is a solution, but probably not the ultimate answer.

Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts