Bobby

Publican
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
811 Version P962 Downloaded

I just downloaded P962. It appears to have fixed the aspect ratios in HD but NOT SD. That's where I need it!!! I haven't had time to find out what else it might have fixed, or almost fixed. :(

You should be able to control the aspect ratio in SD with your TV. I believe that is how the 6000 worked. On the 6000 I always watched upconverted sd anyway.

volfan615 said:
You should be able to control the aspect ratio in SD with your TV. I believe that is how the 6000 worked. On the 6000 I always watched upconverted sd anyway.

That's not the way I did it with my 6000. On digital channels not in HD, I would get the black box frame and kept my 6000 in Full Zoom. That didn't affect the HD broadcasts but brought the SD picture to perfect aspect. I was hoping that this would be the same way on the 811. My Mits HDTV doesn't do the reframe as well as the 6000 did.

Bobby (or anyone else with the new update), please clarify what you mean. Do you mean that even with the new update, SD channels via DVI/component still cannot be stretched by the 811? I'm not referring to your television's ability to stretch, but the 811's aspect mode (asterisk button).

Does it stretch the SD satellite channels (101-9900) - that is what I am most interested in.

It does stretch SD using the DVI output and remembers your "mode" setting when going from SD to HD channels just like the 6000 did , BUT it doesn't quite stretch SD all the way horizonally, even on full zoom. Lacks about an inch on each side of my 46" plasma.

Aspect modes toggle thru all 5 modes on S-video output, BUT doesn't change the screen at all :-(

Zoom works good on component, Weather is activated, but the update zapped my HD Package channels. Still get CBS-HD and HBO-HD, Nothing else. time to call Dish.

How do the stretch and zoom modes look? Does the 811 do a good job? Is the stretch evenly stretched throughout or more so on the sides?

How do the stretch and zoom modes look? Does the 811 do a good job? Is the stretch evenly stretched throughout or more so on the sides?

Just received 2.62 sw upgrade for 811

Just received sw upgrade for my 811. It looks like software release 2.62 has corrected the aspect ratio problem (gray bar, stretch, partial zoom, full zoom). It also looks as though my OTA channels are registering a stronger signal than before. I will check further for any additional fixes.

From what I can tell, the 811's zoom/stretch function now works identical to the 6000's.

Good Job E*.

My analog OTA audio problem (left channel only, very low level) now appeares to be fixed.

Good job E*.

Problem with P262

I used to get my OTA digitals fine. One came in strong registering about 90.

Two others were what I would call medium strength, registering in the 70's. Very seldom if ever have I had a problem receiving them, with both a 6000 and now the 811.

One is what I would call border-line. Usually had good reception but on occasion it would suffer drop-outs.

The new software P262 shows a screen if you tune to a DTV OTA channel that is weak or not found.
Offair digital signal lost.
Please wait, adjust antenna, or select channel up or down.

I am getting this on all digitals except for the one rated at 90 signal strength.

The channels I cannot tune have strengths of 61, 78 and 75.

They fixed the issue of dropping saved channels when they are not tuned, but now it seems there is a threshold to be able to see them.

How do you get the 811 update. I had my 811 off all night, turned it on, still no update? My 811 has locked up 2 nights in a row while going from a digital channel to HD channel. Called dish Tech. Support and they more or less said to unplug the 811 and then plug it back in until the updates are out.

Re: Problem with P262

gpflepsen said:
They fixed the issue of dropping saved channels when they are not tuned, but now it seems there is a threshold to be able to see them.

Try dropping and re-adding the channel. There is some scenario where the receiver sees corrupt or mismatched subchannel data than what it saw previously and keeps the channel on the guide but thinks it can't get a signal. This scenario may be triggering the message.

If you drop and re-add it may clear it...

Lee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)