811 standard input use???

jiffypop04

Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I'm a new 811 user and was wondering how others are using the 811's external analog inputs (rca's)? It's my understanding that the 811 will upconvert these inputs to 1080i. now for my real question, would there be any benefit to running my progressive scan dvd through one of these inputs? My guess is no, but i'm all ears to improve picture quality anyway possible.

Thanks,
jeff

I tried running my vcr thru the external inputs on my 811 when I first got
it back in March,have to admit I was not very impressed with the PQ.You
can try your dvd player, but I don't think it will improve your PQ."IMHO"

The short answer is no.. The inputs are composite. So you would have to downconvert first before you upconvert.. Also.. the PQ last time I checked on the 811 inputs sucked.. don't buy it for that feature from what I saw at first passs it was useless.

No, you don't want to hook your DVD Player to the back panel inputs of the 811.

But we frequently connect a DVR and or VCR to to the 811, particularly for the convenience of wives other family members who have a hard time switching inputs on the TV. It's just easier to go to Ch 000-1 or 000-2 instead of puting the remote in TV mode, toggling inputs with the "SD/HD" (INPUT) button, watching a video or DVR event and then repeating the process to get back to the HD ("DTV") input, etc.

No complaints about PQ so far.

I use 000-01 for my iPod. No picture quality problems! Seriously, though, that's all I would feed through the 811's inputs. Well, that and maybe my $20 Atari Classics video game...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)