811 stopped responding to 811-remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

douweb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Hi,

I have a 811 ... a while ago the remote and receiver stopped responding to each other. The batteries are fine, the different lights light-up when entering channel numbers etc ... but the receiver is not responding to the commands (tried infrared-way also).

I have been getting around this by using a 311 remote to transmit channel changes to the 811 receiver by infrared.

Any ideas short from buying another remote?

Thanks,
Douwe

Did you check to see if your remote address changed somehow? Did the UHF antenna come off? These are the only two things that pop into my mind. If your remote ends up bad I have seen them on EBAY pretty cheap. Good luck.

douweb said:
Hi,

I have a 811 ... a while ago the remote and receiver stopped responding to each other. The batteries are fine, the different lights light-up when entering channel numbers etc ... but the receiver is not responding to the commands (tried infrared-way also).

I have been getting around this by using a 311 remote to transmit channel changes to the 811 receiver by infrared.

Any ideas short from buying another remote?

Thanks,
Douwe
This happened to me last night. I did a hard re-boot (unplugging the unit for a minute) and when it powered back up it worked. Forgive me for insulting your intelligence if you have tried this already. Dan

Trying a soft boot and a hard boot are good suggestion to make sure the UHF recevier did not go south. Press the SysInfo button and see if the receiver ID changed. I would go through the procedure to set your Recevier ID to make sure it did not get changed some how (You can find it in your manual). Other than that the other suggestion made are all good trouble shooting suggestions.

Thanks for the input - I will try the hardboot and/or sysinfo piece tonight when I get home. Did plenty of soft-boots over-time for totally different reasons ... :)

I was hoping it would not be an "accidental" channel change, because would that not be impossible to get back if the receiver is not responding? But I will check first before asking more. Will report back.

You can always get back to your remote address to change it. Just follow the directions in the manual. it is really very simple.

I had major problems with my 811 remote as well when I first got it installed in Dec. 04. When I changed the address on my 508 remote to operate the 811 receiver, it worked perfectly, but I could not get the 811 receiver to respond consistently to the remote that came with it. I tried all the trouble shooting techniques above to no avail, and even got a new 811 remote from my dealer, and had the exact same problem. Then finally I used a suggestion in the 811 manual to extend my UHF antenna outside my home entertainment set up using an RF cable, and now it works perfectly! I guess I was getting some kind of interference from either the 508 UHF antenna or my indoor OTA antenna.

In the end the problem was that the receiver had somehow reset itself back to channel 1 (I am using 3) .... pure speculation would have me believe it was probably one of the many reboots that some ...

And yes, it was just a "read the manual" trick to retransmit the correct number.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)