811 Technical ?

protoboard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Can the 811 OTA input recognize the output of another DVR? So that it may be added to the Channel Guide?

Yes.

But currently, analog channels (which is what the DVR channel would come in as) just look a little off.

You might also consider using a composite (yellow, red, white RCA cable) connection from the DVR to one of the two 811 composite INPUTS. They will show up in the 811 guide as 000-1 and 000-2. I haven't done this, but I've read that that the quality doens't look that great, either. But you would still have the OTA ANTENNA INPUT available for your regular OTA analog/digital channels.

I have connected DVR510s and DVR522s to the back panel inputs of 811s on a few occasions. The 811 upconverts the video like it does for the SD channels. Doesn't look too bad to me.

Over the years we connected lots of PVR501/508s to the RF inputs of model 6000s where they would show up in the EPG on Ch 3. You could try that, too.

How???

Yes I want to connect it to show up in the program guide? How do I do it? Just try connectiong it to the Antenna in and then do an Analog Scan?

Yep. Just connect the RF "To TV" output of the DVR to the Ant/Cable RF input of the 811. Turn it on and either scan or "Add Analog." You can pass the OTA digitals thru the DVR or use a combiner.

The analog tuner is so godawful terrible, that he might be better off using the AV inputs on the 811 despite their lack of quality.

That will still show up on the program guide as "00", as Dave said. It also leaves the "TV Ant In" available for his OTA digitals.

Yeah Gary, I currently have my Ant hooked up there for OTA, but my girlfriend is having trouble figuring out how to switch inputs on the TV to watch something or record something (go figure huh) so I thought if I could combine the two into the OTA input and load the DVR into the guide as a channel it would be much easier for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts