811 with HD & SD output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdesisto

Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Boston, MA
811 installed and up an running. One question though regarding component output. 811 is connected to my 4:3 HDTV by component cables. In the setup I configured HDTV to use 16:9 and 1080i which is native to my TV. However, it seems that the 811 is treating all signal like a HD signal and converting to 16:9 1080i even though most channels are in SD. This is really screwing with picture quality. And yes I've tried messing with different aspect controls and scan outputs, but nothing looks right to me. My cable bo:mad:gasp!) actually had a SD override feature that would let me output HD in the 16:9 1080i format, but all SD would come out as 4:3 480p, all on the same component output connection. Does the 811 not work this way? It seems to me that if I choose to use only the component cable connections to my HDTV, the 811 will output ALL signal formatted to whatever settings I have set in the HDTV setup of the 811. Suggestions? Confirmation? Thanks

Ill repost

sounds like it is in stretch mode for your SD stuff. when on a non hd channel hit the page up or star key and it should change to HD:Normal . dont bother messing with the page down to alter the SD:Whatever because that is for the sd outputs (Svid and Composite on the 811 the HD:Whatever is for the HD outputs. Component and DVI.

If using a 4:3 hd set you need to set your setting to one of the 4:3 settings not 16:9.
menu - 6 - 1 - 9.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.

n0qcu said:
If using a 4:3 hd set you need to set your setting to one of the 4:3 settings not 16:9.
menu - 6 - 1 - 9.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

Agree, if your using a 4:3 display the correct setting in menu 6-1-9 would be 4:3 (#1 Likely), and then 1080i if that's what you desire, these two settings are independent. On the 811 16:9 is a setup for display type and is meant for a widescreen display. If your looking for bars at the top and bottom of your picture this is a function of film ratio...like anamorphic widescreen and is a completely different topic.

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)