83 Sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
Finally found 83. That was an adventure in finding a signal. The elevation was not what was shown in the list??? I checked it using a angle finder and it was showing closer to 47 degrees instead of 44.1. guess my setup could be off plumb a bit. I did not check it again when we started looking for AMC-9.

Anyway taking it slow and just coming back to it here and there I found it just fine. Only three weekends to do it lol.

Chuck

Those angle-finder websites may be right on the money, or not. I always checked two-three of them and compared the numbers. Of course, there's always other variables like the elevation scale on the dish being inaccurate, pole not plumb, mount not sitting level on the pole, etc. etc.
It can be frustrating.

yes on the CM 75E I read where the installers should be aware of a 4 degree variation on some makes of it. But I would have thought using the magnatic angle finder would be close to acurate. It was showing about 47 degress also. oh well I got it now.

The Coolsat 4000 did not have AMC-9 int he sat list. I had to add it and when I added it I put in all the TP that was showing in LS.

I am getting a QS of 69 to 71. Good picture so far.

I was starting to wonder if I was going to get anything or not either. but once I finally got a decent compass and got a really weak signal. I started adjusting from east to west untill I got about 16% on QS. Then figured maybe I needed to fine adjust the elevation and as I went up on the elevation I came right in. Good and strong.

Was not sure if the 75E Channel Master would pull it in like that or not. But seems to be great.

I am sure being in Kansas probably does not hurt my ability to pull signals in.

:D

I'm in Minneapolis and lock RTV on a 30" dish with a 71 on the Coolsat 5000

keep in mind the threshold on a CS is 63 so 71 is like 45-50 on other meters

Since I have no experince with other STB's than the coolsat. I was just gaging it off what kind of strength I get from ION on 119.

Just from reading on here I see that they seem to very quite a bit from STB to STB. Too bad they are not more like each other in that respect.

When I went looking for RTV on AMC9 I first tuned in to t.p. 11775. It’s a strong test pattern and news feed. Once I had AMC9 tuned in the best I could I switched the t.p. to
11735 moved my dish a 1/16 at a time until I found it.
It’s like it’s not exactly on that quadrants. Like it’s of just a hair. Using a 36’’ fortec dish and a viewsat receiver.
Works for me.

Yes I agree it is like it is off just a hair. Probably just leave it setup as a fixed dish now that I have a good signal on itl.

Has some good old time shows on it so far.

P.S. I used the data transponders. But the news feed transponder was really strong also. I was getting in the 90's on all three of those on the CS4000 pro.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)