87 west/whats up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if reception will improve when SES-2 is launched in November to replace GE-3? It was launched in September 1997, so it is now nearly 14 years old.

I wish they would hurry it up! I hope they don't drop any channels when they change them out.
How will that work anyway? Don't they have to move the old satellite out of the way first? Will there be a dead zone while they change them around? And will we have to edit and rescan everything all over again?? :confused:

How will that work anyway? Don't they have to move the old satellite out of the way first?
no
Will there be a dead zone while they change them around?
5 minutes tops
And will we have to edit and rescan everything all over again?? :confused:
no

You can have 5 satellites at one orbital slot. The frequencies just cant overlap. All that happens is the uplinker moves the TP's from old sat to new. They usually do it in the early mornings and its seamless. Most folks wont know unless the new satellite has a different footprint

no

5 minutes tops

no

You can have 5 satellites at one orbital slot. The frequencies just cant overlap. All that happens is the uplinker moves the TP's from old sat to new. They usually do it in the early mornings and its seamless. Most folks wont know unless the new satellite has a different footprint

Awesome! :D I can't wait! I hope this makes 87 come in better, there is soooo much good stuff on there but this satellite is sooo touchy.. Maybe it's old and worn out now.

:)

it is an old satellite. So hopefully the new sat does better for folks at the borders (both) signal wise

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts