Inside

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
While not at home I have received 14 calls from this number over the last two days and my machine has picked up each time but no message was left. The CID says Dish Network and when I call the number it says it is Dish Network Marketing Department. I Googled it and it seems I am not alone, many people have received calls from this number and nobody is clear if it really is Dish or a scam. Does anyone know?

I called it and it rings to DISH networks main customer service line.

It's either DISH Network trying to call you, or some rogue retailer who owns the number and has it forwarded to DISH Network customer service when you call it.

Being that it's so easy to spoof a caller ID these days, I would lay odds on it that it's really DISH network trying to call you.

Could very likely be that your late on your bill or the audit department calling you.

While not at home I have received 14 calls from this number over the last two days and my machine has picked up each time but no message was left. The CID says Dish Network and when I call the number it says it is Dish Network Marketing Department. I Googled it and it seems I am not alone, many people have received calls from this number and nobody is clear if it really is Dish or a scam. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE its dish networks sales and marketing calling you for to go to a focus group and they give you a $75 american express card to spend anywhere.they ask you all kinds of questions and it last about on hour.we had 18 people in the room:)i went to mine a few weeks ago:)

I use voicepulse for my phone. You can create rules for call handling. I create a "white list" (always ring) so only people I know can call me. I made a group called "friends" and setup an always ring rule for that group. Everyone else goes to vmail ( default rule in call filtering).

If you have a modem you can use one of the many free call blocking programs available. Used to use one named PhoneTray. When telemarketers called, they were greeted with the three tones of a disconnected phone. Many VOIPs have call blockers, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts