9/5/2012 4:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 99 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You are reading too much into it even thinking it will be added. :)
Dish often uplinks channels that never see the light of transmission. Most recently the Smithsonian channel was uplinked and looked like it would be coming back, but it never did.

I think that Dish is looking at the big picture with Disney. In the sense that Charlie will be dropping pancakes in the toilet due to repeated shoe insertion from angry mobs of customers, should one day we turn on ESPN and see that blue Dish channel card.

If Dish drops ESPN and thinks the PAC-12 network will placate they are dead wrong. By that time Direct TV should have both in HD.

Well cool to see the Pac 12 showing up yeah it would be nice to get it in HD but anything right now is better than nothing. Oklahoma State has a game on there this weekend against Arizona and right now no one in the state has the game. I think Cox is trying to get something going with the Pac 12 to get the game but it would be nice if Dish had it up and going by Saturday.. :)

I don't believe that PAC12 is a done deal yet. I did get a note Tuesday Night saying that a deal was tentative and that if a deal was reached it would be made available in free preview mode on Wednesday.

That however did not happen.

Well cool to see the Pac 12 showing up yeah it would be nice to get it in HD but anything right now is better than nothing. Oklahoma State has a game on there this weekend against Arizona and right now no one in the state has the game. I think Cox is trying to get something going with the Pac 12 to get the game but it would be nice if Dish had it up and going by Saturday.. :)

Cox already has a deal in place with Pac 12 but have chosen not to light it up in Oklahoma. Other than for the game this weekend, I don't it see being a highly sought after channel in Oklahoma.

The Pac 12's biggest problem is the time difference between their territory and the rest of the nation. Most people around here are viewers of the Big 12, sec and Big 10 and are not viewers of games that start 9:30 and finish after 1 in the morning.

Cox already has a deal in place with Pac 12 but have chosen not to light it up in Oklahoma. Other than for the game this weekend, I don't it see being a highly sought after channel in Oklahoma.

The Pac 12's biggest problem is the time difference between their territory and the rest of the nation. Most people around here are viewers of the Big 12, sec and Big 10 and are not viewers of games that start 9:30 and finish after 1 in the morning.

Well either way it being a new network they should be trying to get more viewers and to do that they need to be on as many providers as they can and some college sports fans like myself like to watch other games. I'm a ACC guy as well as Big 12 so I like to see NC State games when I can but when one of your teams is playing on their Network people want to have the option to get the channel so they can watch the games no matter what time it is.. So yes some fans will not care until like I said one of their teams is on that network that they can not get.. But yeah I can see what your saying with the time zones but Pac 12 in same boat when their schools lets say play a SEC team on the road. Your always going to deal with a time difference just some deal with it less than others that all depends on that particular teams schedules which vary from year to year..