9.5 foot Birdview dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

squintgaj

Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
east of Pittsburgh,PA
I have an old 9.5 foot mesh Birdview satellite dish (I'm guessing that it was bought around 1987, but I don't know since I'm not the original owner). It still works fine with the original receiver, but I don't have much time to mess with it any more. (It can only access the un-scrambled stations.)

I have heard that you can hook-up a new receiver to an old satellite dish, but I am scared of the high prices I've seen for them. Also, I don't know what all I would have to change to my system.

Also, I recently hooked up my house to cable TV primarily to gain access to high-speed internet, so I will probably just get rid of the old dish. What is this old dish/system worth?

I recently hooked up my house to cable TV - Now that’s scary

I have an old 9.5 foot mesh Birdview satellite dish (I'm guessing that it was bought around 1987, but I don't know since I'm not the original owner). It still works fine with the original receiver, but I don't have much time to mess with it any more. (It can only access the un-scrambled stations.)

I have heard that you can hook-up a new receiver to an old satellite dish, but I am scared of the high prices I've seen for them. Also, I don't know what all I would have to change to my system.

Also, I recently hooked up my house to cable TV primarily to gain access to high-speed internet, so I will probably just get rid of the old dish. What is this old dish/system worth?
You can get a new receiver to work with your old dish just fine. You say that you're scared of the high prices for receivers. You will have to spend a little up front to get your receiver that’s for sure. You can find different deals on them too. I would rather spend the money and buy a receiver and own it rather then pay for renting cable TV equipment each month and every month! Then compare the prices! Now that’s scary!!! As far as worth can’t make that assessment as there are other that are free. It would be worth it for you in the long run to get the dish up and running again and get a better picture on top of it.

Tom

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts