$9.99 Welcome Pack will disappear 02/01/10

Is it true current customers leasing the receivers can get this package with just the downgrade fee???

I've had the welcome pack since spring. A great supplement to my FTA stuff. Wife gets her HGTV, Oxygen, and We. I give them their $15 bucks or so a month and thats all they'll ever get outta me...maybe I'm cheap. I'll never pay $60-100 a month for tv.
Blind

I receive the welcome pack with locals and Extasy After Feb1 am i able to change premiums without losing the welcome pack?

IF you change your programming you lose the Welcome pack after 2/1/10. Now I don't know if that means if you change ANY programming or not . But I wouldn't want to chance it.

IF you change your programming you lose the Welcome pack after 2/1/10. Now I don't know if that means if you change ANY programming or not . But I wouldn't want to chance it.

Agreed. I spoke to a CSR about the sports packages and whether or not it would lose you the Welcome Package if you decided to remove one for the other or make the addition. I know a basic CSR usually isn't the best of sources for a question but she stated that she really didn't know the answer to that question since both were essentially pay-per-view packages (and they aren't going to stop me from purchasing the Royal Rumble or a movie or whatever just because I have the Welcome Pack). However, her gut instinct on even League Pass or Center Ice was to make the decision to be certain what you wanted come February 1. I personally think they'll make any excuse they can once that date arrives to get us in a higher package. Besides, the original press release is pretty clear in stating "as long as no changes are made to programming".

What happen if I add programming after 2/1/2010 and I get Welcome Package by 1/31/2010, do I lose the Welcome Package?

What happen if I add programming after 2/1/2010 and I get Welcome Package by 1/31/2010, do I lose the Welcome Package?

If Dish sticks with what they are saying, yes.

In answer to your earlier question, I own my own equipment, and I didn't have to pay any $99 up-front fee to get the Welcome Pack.

I wouldn't think that you would lose the Welcome Package unless you dropped the package for a different one or cancelled even with added on channel changes.

I talk to someone at Dish Network and they said I can get the Welcome Package and the only fee I need to pay is the downgrade fee. They even try to get me subscribing to higher packages by giving me the same benefits like a new customer.

Can someone tell me is KBS World available on 9850 with the Welcome Package? This is suppose to be a PI channel and also in other packages???

Last edited:
I have a 301 subbed to the welcome pack.

Wonder if I could replace the 301 with a new 211k from dishstore without a problem? (I could then use 61.5/72.7/77)

Any who know if the mpeg4 SD looks better then mpeg2 on 110/119?

Wonder if I could replace the 301 with a new 211k from dishstore without a problem? (I could then use 61.5/72.7/77)

Yea, that should not be an issue!

But seriously here, why is everyone so worried about loosing this package come 2/1. All you have to do is call retention and talk about cancelling service and they will switch you to it.

What was a shame to see go was Dishpix several years ago. I believe it was pick 10 channels for $10 per month. Now that truely was a good deal because you could take channels from the Top100 or Top200 to make your package.

Had both arcs and I can tell you in MY OPINION SD does look better in mpeg 4 than in mpeg 2. Less compression artifacts and jaggedy backgrounds using mpeg 4. As for receivers I don't think replacing the receiver you are using would qualify as changing programming.

Yes, DishPix was a great package to offer people. There were certain stations you could not pick but you still had a great selection. Later they increased the price to $15 then dropped it altogether. The Famly Package at $20 is probably a better deal now than the $15 package back then because you get more than 10 channels, heck you get channels that were not even available then that are usually in the highest basic package. It will be $25 though (including the locals) for new customers though (and existing if they are forcing the locals price increase on existing subscribers).

i have this lineup and have had this lineup for sevenral months now. i always bye the college football lineup from espn that airs on saturndays but it was obvieosly before this annoncement. if i bye the lineup next seasen will i be penelized and forced to go to high lineup above welcome? and i have the nba lineup too. if i deside to not renew it what will happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)