90cm for KRBK (G16 c-band)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deschmit

Original poster
Feb 11, 2015
I'm only really interested in one channel, KRBK on Galaxy 16. It is a fox station in MO. I'm wondering if it is possible to receive this with a 90 cm dish. I live in southern MN. Has anyone with a 90 cm c-band setup had luck with this channel? I've seen reports of it working with a 120 cm but that is the smallest I've read about. If anyone has had luck, what equipment are you using?

:welcomeTo Satelliteguys!
Let me 'go out on a limb'. There's probably a reason you've only read about it working with a 1.2.
I'll let others who've tried chime in now. (But I don't remember anyone being successful, with that one, with anything smaller than a 1.2)

Did someone say micro bud got my ears burning. Yes it can be done I have received krbk from a 1 meter commercial dish using a titianium c band lnbf using an amiko nano receiver. Using a small dish will have problems but its fun.

Good to hear it might be possible. 2 questions.
1) Do you have the inbf with the WiMax Filter? Sounds like you want this version when living in the US. However, KRBK is at 3720 and that is pretty close to the filtered region. They spec 3dB attenuation from 3.6-3.7GHz. Any chance there is attenuation at 3.72GHz that is more detrimental then the benefit of removing the WiMax noise?
2) Do you also use the CS1 Conical Scalar Kit?

Scaler yes you need one it takes time to get just right but you can get about 30% quality roughly. Look up some of my posts for more details.

C1PLL w/WiMAX filter
Would be the ONLY one I'd consider(if I was in the need of a replacement)
That's a conical scalar, correct? Would think it would/will require precise attention when tuning up also.
How reliable is that TP on 99W on the microBUD?

This TP is marginal on a 1.2M in Northern California. I have a 1.2M fixed and optimized on 99W with a Titanium Satellite C1PLL / CS1 conical scalar. KRBK comes in with perfectly clear skies. The carrier to noise margin is less than 1dB and drops below threshold when the first cloud graces our SE skies... :(

KBRK will not lock on my 1.2 with a flat scalar or no scalar.

Look for a commercial dish if you can't find a residential dish look on top of businesses you'll find them. Thats how found my 1 meter dishes.

I get kbrk no problem in any weather with my c1wpll sidecar on a 1.2 fortec. Mine is motorized. I use a super buddy S2 to tweak. I highly recommend a good meter for maximum performance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts