91'W and 82'W in a 36" antenna

Earving

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 1, 2005
It is possible to put 91 and 82 in a 36" antenna using a 2 lnb bracket from dmisusa? What is the distance between the two satellites using the bar that move the bracket, 9 degrees of separation, using this type of antenna?

Thank's

of course its possible. I use to have 91 & 92 on a 30" dish. Took some fabricating with wood as spacers and hose clamps, but it worked :)

Just figured I'd report that I finally got a bigger pan up! I installed a 30" today and I've got 82 like never before! I use to max around ~55-60% on the strong TP's, now they lock in at 75%. Several TP's that were 0 are now ~45%. I'm only missing signal on 4 TP's (1, 5, 21, 29). I'm so happy to have some (I mean more) HD again!

Now I'm trying to setup 91 on the side like the images on DJ Rob's post. I've actually got the 91 LNB held on by electrical tape for now with a tree branch in the middle for spacing! signal is good enough for now but I know it can be tons better. I'm assuming those are DP LNB's with the casing cracked/broke off. Do I need to worry about damaging the LNB or just go for gusto? I reckon I'd head to the hardware store tomorrow to find something similar to use for 91. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks to iceberg and DJ Rob for all the topics/PM's with tons of info that have helped me greatly.

Hey Julesism. I'm totally new on this forum but was interested in your location and experiments. I'm in Kerrville and was wondering if a dish 1000.2 which is 25.9" wide would do the trick for 91 and 82.

Yes I used DP singles and just poped the plastic off of them. I went to home depot with one and found conduit hangers that fit it. You just have to bend and try different things. I bought one of those cheap satellite signal meters and that helped with aiming it a lot.

Thanks julesism. I can get most of the transponders with low readings (40% to 65%). Looking at the footprint map seemed to indicate that 24" or above would make a difference, but I wanted to double check with someone in the area. Thanks!

Just got my dish 1000.2 installed and 82 is now coming in much better (60 - 70%). It comes with a 3 lnb bracket but I can't seem to get the 91 and 82 to be seen by the receiver at the same time. So I had to use a dish 500 to pick up 91 temporarily. Right now I have a 3100 receiver but I'm upgrading to a 9200hd pvr. Anyone know whether the new receiver will work better with the dish 1000.2, or is the problem not connected to the receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)