91W DMX channels and Traxis 3500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
I am not able to scan in the music channels over at 91W 3928 V 7250. I have very good signal but they don't scan in. Is anyone else getting them? Scans just produce the msg "no program found"
This also brings to mind firmware on the Traxis. I saw a post somewhere on here with a firmware bundle to address the AC3 function, but when I go to the DMSI website and look at firmware version there, they appear to be the most recent, but the change logs mention nothing of AC3 upgrades...just satellite map info.
What is the preferred software version to have on a DBS3500?

Getting them find here in the carribean 63% but 3929 V 7250, try changing the TP some number down and up. Ej 3929 V 7250, 3930 V 7250, 3928 V 7250 etc until you can download them Good Luck!

Ice, do you think if my 3500 doesn't have the AC3 firmware that maybe it wouldn't scan them in? I can't imagine that but I'm fishing for solutions here. I can't see any good reason why they wouldn't scan in. Although I haven't been back home yet to try changing the TP freq up or down 1 point. Never needed to do that before either.

nah they'll scan in even if the stations are AC-3
My old Pansat 1500 that doesnt have AC-3 output still logs the channels. I just cant hear them ;)

I get them fine at 3928 V 7250. Another option is to try and see if they'll log on a different satellite (just throwing out options here). Also try a blind scan. I know this may sound dumb but my GeosatPro has the same issue on one TP. The "Alaska mux" on AMC7 (3760 H 25195). If I do a TP scan it will not log the channels but a blind scan does every time
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/203880-geosatpro-dsr200-3.html#post2399645

its worth a shot to try that too

Well I've tried everything and still nothing. I find it hard to believe it gets everything else but this one transponder it won't scan anything in. Is anyone else using a Traxis 3500 that can confirm?

Thanks

jaray , it is the receiver, I have the same problem with mine, and thats why I only use it for aiming dishes now. Any of those 91W channels (esp the high-symbol rate ones) will scan in but won't display. Or they display for a few seconds and then just black out to a few colored pixels. Mine has the latest firmware in it, and does pass the Dolby audio on most channels, but somewhere in its brain it lacks the ability to display those particular channels on 91C-band.

turbosat, good to know...although they don't even scan in here...signal on the transponder and that's it. Is there a receiver out there that doesn't have bugs...sheesh. And here I was told these Traxis receivers were the best thing since sliced bread. I actually really like them seeing as they were never to be part of the whole hacking world and were built specifically as a "real" FTA receiver. And for the price, I guess I don't expect it to be perfect. That's why we all seem to have a closet full of various FTA receivers don't we??? lol
No big loss, those DMS channels come in just nice on my DSR-410

tsheesh. And here I was told these Traxis receivers were the best thing since sliced bread.

I wonder if it's a year 2011 bug with the Traxis 3500. Mine was perfect until January 2011 when it started acting up. You'd blind scan a satellite and see that it was locking lots of things but at the end it would always say "no program found!". You punch in a known sports feed that you were watching with another receiver and the Traxis 3500 would once again say "no program found!" for that same signal. I did a factory reset and put my sats back in and it started parsing the signals fine again and then a few days ago it went back to the "no program found!" when locking good, known muxes. I hate to think I'll have to do another factory reset again this soon to get the traxis working right for me again.

I'm getting to the point I think I'll get a new FTA receiver. the technology has come a long way since the Traxis (H264/AAC capabilities and DVB-S2 and HD) so it might be time to repurpose the traxis since a factory reset and adding back just a single satellite on a fixed dish is not a big deal whereas the current situation of doing a factory reset and popping back in 40 satellite positions is a big deal.

Traxis I have was great until more and more HD signals starting showing up in blind scans, then it would lock up the receiver as often as not. Which required a reboot, sometimes even having to unplug the IF line , delete the offending feed, then plug up and reboot. I only use the one I have for aiming dishes now. Jaray is your receiver full of empty transponders? Might be the memory is near overload and needs cleaning out. I'll try to find the firmware for AC3 for it, and let you know, surely I have it somewhere.
EDIT: Link to 3500 software, check your serial number for the correct one to load:
near bottom of the page!http://www.dmsiusa.com/dbs3500software.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)