921(2) for ExpressVu - When?

M Law

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Work has kept me away from the forum for some time, but I occasionally get to scan for highlights, and I got to say this added forum was needed and appreciated. That said, here's my question.

When will Bell come out with their version of the 921(2)? I am sure I could search around and find some speculation, but I want to know what you guys think. Additionally, when they finally do come out with it, how will it be handled, rental or sale?

Been a subscriber for about 6 months with a 6000, and I love it. Being in central CA and only having an SD NBC station, this has been great. All the nets, east and west coast, and all HD to boot. But what's missing is the ability to record HD. Work really eats into my viewing time (just a crying shame) and timeshift only helps if I'm not traveling. I would love to record and watch when I want.

One last thing. Doesn't matter to me if it's a rental or I need to buy, but I am concerned that they will expect a phone line to be connected and as we all know that is a no-no for those of us south of the border.

Thanks for any info anyone has.

Word on the street from various ExpressVu contacts state that they are not going with the 921 (9100) receiver.

After all the problems associated with the growing pains of the 921 ExpressVU has opted to wait for the 942 and has an ETA of Spring 2005 which in Echostar uears means Xmas 2005.

Kryspy

Thanks for the info Kryspy. That sounds about par for the course. Seems Bell is always a bit behind the curve on releasing new models.

I am a Canadian based DVR 921 owner myself but cannot activate it on Bell ExpressVu because they don't have a similar unit on their market (yet?).
A good thing will be to load their e:mail with request to have a High Def recorder on their list: every competitor has one! Even the cable companies...
They don't obligate to have the phone line connected to make it work, not like TiVo, but it is recommended & a must if you want to order PayPerVu.

PEEYGEE said:
I am a Canadian based DVR 921 owner myself but cannot activate it on Bell ExpressVu because they don't have a similar unit on their market (yet?).
nope. not yet
A good thing will be to load their e:mail with request to have a High Def recorder on their list: every competitor has one! Even the cable companies...
StarChocie doesnt :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)